My Piano is ruined!

I'm so sorry to hear that! I am always so worried that something like that will happen to one of my babies! I used to have a cabas and have an alma mono and mc now and I do worry about the bottoms. I am really curious to see if that Dawn idea works. Let us know!

If you don't mind a patina, the try saddle soap. It will clean it, but mind you the leather will darken!

Sell your bag on Ebay, and use the money toward a new one. If the leather is really light, then I would have it replaced. But I cannot have a bag with un matched leather...

I love the batignolles horizontal, or vertical. NO LEATHER ON THE BOTTOM! :tup:

DSCN1573.jpg

^ OMG!! what the hell was on the floor...!
I can't believe it!
i'm so sorry that happened,
I think you should maybe get a new bag.
Cause the price to replace the base is just not worth it.
Maybe get the mezzo?

I KNOW!!! I can't for the life of me think of what caused those black dot stains! The only thing I can think is that whatever the oil was.. it caused the train carpet dye to seep into the leather?!
It makes me SICK to look at it! :throwup:

AWH! I'm so sorry for you! I feel your pain - I've got the exact same stains on one of my bags... But that was just Sergio Castelli or Elio Fiorucci or something. It had stains all over it so I had to throw it away - I hated to do it, but that was a cheap bag. I'd totally freak out if something happened to an LV!

But if I were you, since it'sso expensive to replace the bottom, I'd just keep this one and use it for things like picknicks, going to the beach, stuff like that when your bag can get dirty, so you don't want to take a good one. And it's only on the bottom, so it will still look good!
I'd definitely save the money to buy an other bag you like a lot.

OMG those pics! I'm so sorry that's happened to ur bag.

I have the CP and I use it as my rainy day/mess around bag. Only bcoz when I first got it I had no idea about vachetta etc so u can imagine shes quite dirty.
It's a lot of money to pay out for the replacement esp as shes still so new. I wouldn't get mine replaced for at least another 5 years. As my SA said u can only replace the vachetta once, any more and u risk harming the bag.

So I reckon keep her as u said for ur mess around bag, saves having to worry about the bottom in the future, and keep a look out for the batignolles u want!

Thanks again to all of you.. makes me feel better to hear all your words of advice.
Like many of you said, I have decided to keep it as a kicking around bag and I am scouting around for a gently used Batignolles horizontal.
I will let you all know when I get it! :smile: