My parents' cat is dying...and they're out of town...

Oh Pursegrrl! I am bawling reading this. I am so sorry for the loss of Edgar. I just went thru this exact same thing with my cat 10 days ago. My cat was 15, it broke my heart to see him suffering. I finally made the decision to put him to sleep.
What a gem your parents have in their housekeeper. I hope your parents are doing ok with the loss of their furbaby Edgar. He's not suffering anymore and he's back with his brother.

I am so sorry to hear about this... I am praying for you. I have a pup Sam, along with Prada Psycho's Sam, who are in animal heaven and I promise are looking out for Edgar right now. Hugs to you and your parents.

...thank you all again so much for your good wishes for Edgar (and brother Joey too)...I went to my folks' house for dinner last night and it was so weird...first time there since he had passed...I instinctively went into the huge laundry room where they always were (the "spa" as we called it, lol) and just cried. I can't believe they're both gone. So many great memories...and tons of pics too...

Thank you so much for your support!!

Just read the whole thread Pursegrl, and although I am sad for the loss of your parent's beloved Edgar, it pleases me to see the housekeeper was so compasionate and cared for him so lovingly.

Her email was just so sweet. It's people like this who restore my faith in humans. Many hugs, Speedy