My New-to-me BARENIA Birkin 35 *pics*

I also want a shiny one....I currently have a 35cm gold togo and am thinking of getting a darker coloured swift/box/barenia. I've heard that barenia is the nicest leather of the three but the easiest to scratch. Any thoughts?

It's beautiful. Congratulations. :tup:

attachment.php

:nuts: Goodness! That Barenia Birkin looks so stunning! It was very well taken care of, and the patina is just gorgeous. Such a wonderful find. I would take Barenia over Croc any day of the week.

P.S. Wear her in good health.

Thank you babyskyblue, mylilsnowy, hello2703, CobaltBlu, melliesmom10, lulilu, docride, lvcrazy646, kat491, w.y.h, periogirl28, ilovemylife, AuthenticLux, & Jubelee!

Honeybebe: all three leathers are very nice-it really depends on your own preference. Barenia does show scratches and stains easily but it develops a really nice patina with time. Box does the same (although imo does not scartch as easily as barenia), and there's mixed opinions about swift's durability. IMO, as long as you do your research, you can't go wrong!

congrats, feifei. that bag is gorgeous.

I was wondering though, is it heavier than most Birkin 35s (i.e. the ones in Togo, Clemence, etc.)? I read somewhere that Barenia is also used to make saddles.

Thanks Hermes Nuttynut & edsbgrl!
allanrvj: Thanks! I think that barenia is heavier than a lot of other leathers (box, swift) but I think it's about the same weight as clemence. And according to the really great leather guide in the resource section, barenia is the original saddle leather.