My new OS Oak Alexa arrived!

redspark

May 6, 2009
And I love it! It's the perfect bag for me. If I can figure out how to get photos on here, I will post some.

I'm dying to take it out, but I guess I should get some of that Collonil and spray it first. Do the Mulberry shops sell it? I live near Westfield so it's easy enough to pop in. How much spray do you put on? I've never had a bag like this before so I want to make sure I get it right.

Anyway, just wanted to post and say a big YAY! as I figure there aren't many people who will understand how excited I am (though bless my husband, he really is trying, and has been very enthusiastic!).

Well done Redspark! Collonil can be purchased from all the Mulberry stores. I have to admit I've always used the cheaper Kiwi spray instead (it seems to work well, but it's not the Mulberry recommended - same type of spray just cheaper).
Spray quite liberally to get a good coverage and get it into all the detail, don't spray it too close - it shouldn't feel wet if that makes sense. It may turn slilghtly darker in colour, but that is normal. If you are unsure do several light coats and build it up.

Congratulations! I bet it looks fantastic. I got my spray from House of Fraser. Dp applied a light coat of the spray then allowed to dry. He repeated this a couple of hours later. Bags look great and the spray did not stain them or change the colourat all.

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

I would normally advise several light even sprayings but must admit that I did get my Oak Alexa pretty drenched with Collonil on the second bout of spraying without any signs of nasty staining.

Here are some photos I just took - not sure if I've got them the right size. If not, I will try to fix them a bit later. Anyway, hopefully they show the nice pebbled parts of the leather, a look at all the stuff you can fit inside (I have an Orla Kiely make up bag and shopper, a big Cath Kidston purse and the Mulberry spazzalato notebook and cracked metallic heart purse in there - tons of room leftover). I've also included a picture of the bag with a load of A4 files in there to give you some idea of the size - you'll see A4 fits in with plenty of space.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg