My new OS Oak Alexa arrived!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. And I love it! It's the perfect bag for me. If I can figure out how to get photos on here, I will post some.

I'm dying to take it out, but I guess I should get some of that Collonil and spray it first. Do the Mulberry shops sell it? I live near Westfield so it's easy enough to pop in. How much spray do you put on? I've never had a bag like this before so I want to make sure I get it right.

Anyway, just wanted to post and say a big YAY! as I figure there aren't many people who will understand how excited I am (though bless my husband, he really is trying, and has been very enthusiastic!).

2. Well done Redspark! Collonil can be purchased from all the Mulberry stores. I have to admit I've always used the cheaper Kiwi spray instead (it seems to work well, but it's not the Mulberry recommended - same type of spray just cheaper).
    Spray quite liberally to get a good coverage and get it into all the detail, don't spray it too close - it shouldn't feel wet if that makes sense. It may turn slilghtly darker in colour, but that is normal. If you are unsure do several light coats and build it up.

3. Congratulations! I bet it looks fantastic. I got my spray from House of Fraser. Dp applied a light coat of the spray then allowed to dry. He repeated this a couple of hours later. Bags look great and the spray did not stain them or change the colourat all.

4. Also, he polished up all the metal on the bag with a clean, dry tea towel the next day and residue spray smudges came straight off hardware easily.

5. Congratulations! Looking forward to the pictures :smile:

6. Big Congrats! Glad you've joined the Alexa club - it's a great bag!;) looking forward to see your beauty!

7. Yay, so happy for you - and glad you are so in love with it.
    Would love to see piccies :smile:

8. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

I would normally advise several light even sprayings but must admit that I did get my Oak Alexa pretty drenched with Collonil on the second bout of spraying without any signs of nasty staining.

9. redspark, I am so glad you received your Alexa. I hope to have mine by tomorrow and will do a full reveal. Congrats! Can't wait to see your pictures.;)

10. Here are some photos I just took - not sure if I've got them the right size. If not, I will try to fix them a bit later. Anyway, hopefully they show the nice pebbled parts of the leather, a look at all the stuff you can fit inside (I have an Orla Kiely make up bag and shopper, a big Cath Kidston purse and the Mulberry spazzalato notebook and cracked metallic heart purse in there - tons of room leftover). I've also included a picture of the bag with a load of A4 files in there to give you some idea of the size - you'll see A4 fits in with plenty of space.

Attached Files:

11. ooh that brown suede lining against the oak is incredible!!! :biggrin:

12. yours is so beautifully organized too ;)

13. Utterly divine and just look at all that space.

14. It is beautiful! Congratulations :yahoo:

15. Wow that is beautiful. Just when I had decided I did NOT want one!