My new boy bag obsession or an LV and Gucci I have been wanting too..help!

Hopeach

Oct 20, 2013
I'm going to post this on both Chanel and LV forums to get the best feedback. I have been wanting the LV Pallas in black and Gucci swing tote in black (small) since they each came out and I was close to pulling the trigger on both until...I saw the Boy bag in light brown. It has quickly become my new obsession. Not that I still don't want the other two mind you, I still love them both. I do have other LV mono bags, including the NN14 with black on it. Plus I have other black bags... Epi Noe, GST and new med Boy. I don't have any bags the color of the light brown boy.

It's a hard decision when I think of getting 2 bags for the price of one, plus money left over for a pair of shoes. Please help! I will include pics for reference.

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-monogram-pallas-black.jpg
    louis-vuitton-monogram-pallas-black.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 693
  • NMV1XUQ_mx.jpg
    NMV1XUQ_mx.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 664
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 676
It is a hard choice that only you can make. All are beautiful bags. I love the boy in that brown, but you have to decide if it is worth it to you or if you would rather have the other two instead. I personally think you can't go wrong either way. Which can you see yourself using and enjoying the most?

I have a Pallas and love it. I've also been eying the Gucci Swing tote. And usually if it's a Chanel in the vote than it's a no brainer. But, I don't know if I'm really liking this shade of brown on the Boy? Could be the lighting? I'm sure in person it looks gorgeous. Tough decision. I still think I'd rather have the boy in a different color than brown, and I LOVE browns. Have fun deciding.

I would choose the boy but not in that color. But if you love how it looks then go for it. I have 2 caviar boys and love them a lot especially the red one. Bern using it almost everyday! It's so beatiful but so durable and worry free!

I think it depends on what you plan on using this bag for? I think the Pallas and swing tote are bags that you can definitely use everyday and for work, dress them up or use them casually. I think the boy bag while you can dress up or down, is not an everyday bag and more special (not sure if that's just me though)?

GET THE BOY!!!! There is rumored another price increase so you better get your hands on one before the price of one becomes unbearable.. Next up is the Pallas.. Skip the Gucci if I were you.. :smile:

The Pallas is gorgeous :love: I would get that now and skip the Gucci and shoes and save for a Chanel. I think you will reach for the Pallas more often and I think the Chanel brown is just okay. Ultimately though you are the one who has to love it, so go with your heart. GLD!

Boy now - always chanel now! The popularity of the boy is so high, that that the increase will be scary.

Would you mind giving me info on this boy? I tried to find a brown chanel but NM has none this season. So I was debating the soft galet or Hermes Evelyn. But chanel is what I want. I don't have a true brown leather bag. I have the half moon accordian in dark beige - is this brown darker?