My mother the crazy Russian lady

croissant - both you and your mom are hilarious! but don't you think it'd be great to inheret her roger vivier shoes, chanels and commes des garcons clothes???? mom's too cool!

Haha, a friend told me that she saw a pillow with an inscription "If it's not one thing it's your mother" :yahoo: but sure what would we do without them LOL

Croissant, that's a cute story. Birkins in particular can be an acquired taste, especially for mothers from the old country (like mine is). Does she have any idea how much it cost? Mine would be horrified. It would be her idea of an expensive bag--times 20!

Croissant, that's a cute story. Birkins in particular can be an acquired taste, especially for mothers from the old country (like mine is). Does she have any idea how much it cost? Mine would be horrified. It would be her idea of an expensive bag--times 20!
she knows!:angel: She understands the cost of clothes because she splurges herself- always has. So while she's not shocked, she also thinks i was being a bit crazy. i think she's trying to downplay my excitement in hopes that i dont start spending that kind of money on bags all the time. like, if she says, "yes, it's amazing!!" i'll go out and immediately get 6 more. (i wish!!!)

Sometimes it's seems like it's hard when parents see a very definite personality on us that they perceive did not come at all from them!

Of course, your mothers good taste DID wear off on you, but remember, Kelly is more accepted to that generation, before the newness of the Birkin. And she likes Kelly right? Maybe it will be one of those generation things... and one you must always smile (ooooh be careful it is not a smirk) when she says these things as if to say sweetly with your eyes "oh, I will always love you mother but this bag is just fabulous"... just with your eyes! :cutesy:

This is quite a funny story, Croissant. Sorry that I find 'amusement' in your situation.

My mum does not recognise any Hermes bags, and I am sure even if I have one right before her, she will not be able to identify it's made by Hermes. Why? No logos. She's a LV lady and will probably always be a LV lady.

I think if she ever gets to know how many H bags I have (read: spent), I am sure we'll have endless discussions about my addiction :sweatdrop:

My mother bought a Juicy Couture handbag this fall...well...it was one of the more "classic" (can I say this in relationship to Juicy?) styles...

She knows I purchased a birkin and have been meeting the "purse girls"...she thinks its fabulous...she finds humor in my choices... :shame:

I'm so lucky!!! My Mom loves my Hermes bags. When she saw my 25cm vert anis Birkin she went wild. She's a green person, guess that is where I got it from. We went to the H boutique in Palm Beach and they treated her like a Queen. She loved every minute of it! She's the one who talked me into the turquoise Bolide. She loves that color also. Took me a while to make up my mind and they eventually sent it to me. What an eye she has!

i dunno but here in Asia, hermes birkin is like the must-have item in their wardrobe among the well-heeled society. i thought russians are crazy over hermes birkins like asians?

Croissant,

Aren't moms great! They're your best friend and your worst critic!

Don't feel bad. I bought my mother a Chanel wallet for Christmas. She made me return it.

She said "It cost too much money"

I said " Well that bracelet I bought you cost more, as did the ring, and you had no problem with the Hermes scarf"

She said " Okay..but no one sees the wallet"

Mind you she also does not like pretention, "displays of wealth" or logos.....She actually made someone return an LV 20 years ago they baought her because she didn't want to waer someone else's initials.....