My Moment of Zen

I wish lol... If I stop visiting this forum I'd reach zen! But now that I found this forum, I keep wondering what sales I'm missing if I don't log on here daily, that's how addicted I am but I should work on this.

^^I know. I'm completely addicted to this forum. I think its because I don't know anybody who shares my love for handbags. My friends and family look at me like I'm crazy when I bring up the subject of purses-my co-workers call me "purse girl" at work. The other day someone broke a strap on their purse and they yelled "Purse girl, I need your assistance". Like I really know how to fix a purse!
I log myself onto the forum at work and then I pop in and out when I have time. I love to see what people are buying and what's out there.

It's happened to me a dozen times. Last time I "quit" it lasted several weeks.:supacool:

That sounds kind of like quitting smoking! All I know is within weeks after I had joined tPF last fall I had gone from carrying around one black nondescript bag until it completely (and sometimes disgustingly) wore out, to owning four BVs - all different colours of exactly the same style! Then at least I calmed down a little bit from that initial frenzy, but "the quest" hasn't gone away and sometimes comes back with a vengeance when I least expect it!!

I think I did really well. When I first joined I just stalked bags I really wanted and found them for good prices rather quickly. I also learned which brands I really liked and what a "good price" versus an "OMG BARGAIN" was and have been able to distinguish. Since joining TPF about 5 months ago, I have bought 4 bags. Which, I don't think is TOO TOO bad hehe.

But I am not psycho about it. I know a lot of my higher end bags I will not get for years to come because I want to look forward to something and be completely finantially stable/independent. Also, I want it to be special. Sometimes I see the girls on here buying these amazing bags on a weekly/monthly basis and it's just not a big deal to them. IT'S A BIG DEAL TO ME IF I GET A VALENTINO LOL. So I want to keep that feeling exclusive and exciting!

For me it's not a feeling of zen so much as the horror that I've run out of closet space combined with the guilt that I've seriously over-indulged on purses in the past year.

Last Christmas I told myself that I have every bag I could seriously ever want. I have every bag that could make me happy. I promised myself I would not buy a single one this year except for a little something from the Cole Haan spring catalog, because surely there would be something I would like in the spring. ;) Now that I've bought 2 bags from the spring Cole Haan catalog I'm back to feeling very guilty. :confused1:

Being a Woman of a Certain Age I am haunted by the fear that one day after my demise my relatives will be cleaning up my house and they will gasp "Omigosh, look at all these purses! Who knew! She must have had some sort of psychological problem. It must have been serious too. Should we tell her husband?"

Really, when you get to be my age you worry about stuff like that. :s

I have 10 bags and they are all neutral / dark colors. I joined the Forum because I wanted some advice about buying a red bag. I was never a huge handbag person and I was confused by the moltitude of choices. Honestly, there are so many gorgeous bags around that I could not decide. When I go to work I have lots of stuff to carry and I want something stylish to go with my new wardrobe.

After I joined, rather than starting to buy at random (and also because US retails do not ship to Europe...) I decided to make my wishlist and sort everything by color and price. I am going to NY at the end of the month and I want to be ready ;).

I think I'll buy a couple of bags, a designer, expensive one and a more "everyday" kind of bag to complement what I already have. But I also want to invest in clothes and shoes. I love shoes, I have lots and if it comes down to choose between bag or shoes, I'll go for shoes. So fo me no obsession but a healthy interest and zen all around :yes:

For me it's not a feeling of zen so much as the horror that I've run out of closet space combined with the guilt that I've seriously over-indulged on purses in the past year.

Last Christmas I told myself that I have every bag I could seriously ever want. I have every bag that could make me happy. I promised myself I would not buy a single one this year except for a little something from the Cole Haan spring catalog, because surely there would be something I would like in the spring. ;) Now that I've bought 2 bags from the spring Cole Haan catalog I'm back to feeling very guilty. :confused1:

Being a Woman of a Certain Age I am haunted by the fear that one day after my demise my relatives will be cleaning up my house and they will gasp "Omigosh, look at all these purses! Who knew! She must have had some sort of psychological problem. It must have been serious too. Should we tell her husband?"

Really, when you get to be my age you worry about stuff like that. :s

LOL, you totally crack me up! Don't worry about it, as long as you're not like the Collier brothers with all their stacks of newspapers. I'm not too concerned about what anyone says when I'm dead. That's my dad's philosophy, too. He always says "what do I care? I'll be dead!".

It's all over. I bought both of the MJ Pan Am bags to use during my summer travels as well as one of the Gryson for Target bags, a clutch made of recycled billboard material, and a vintage eel skin clutch. I am on quite a roll.

Funny though, I still dont feel like I NEED anything and I am definitely not stalking anything right now...perhaps I have just moved into a completely new stage of bag-psychosis - I have no idea that I have a problem and buying 5 bags in a week (despite them being LOW on the price scale) is nothing to shake a stick at...