My Magenta's A Customs Hostage

mine was marked as a gift too but the declared value was the actual amount i paid for which is $730 (conversion here are in us dollars) so the customs were very suspicious, so much for the discount with $290 tax its the same as i bought my magenta on retail ... actually im now paying over retail $1020 :crybaby: :hysteric:

in order for the "gift" thing to work, the sender has to devalue the item. if not, they are still going to charge duty. most stores/ boutiques are not willing to devalue it because then the item will be insured for less than it's actually worth. a bag i bought was stuck in customs... i guess, they were suspicious because the bag was marked gift, but the value was over $1000+.[/QUOTE]

esile, thats exactly what happened to my bag too.. koh samui declared it as gift but the it was valued at $730, customs was suspicious and charged me a crazy amount of tax

LB - thanks for the support

booyah - customs dont usually pick random, they pick on package with high value and tax it

Oh, no, kaka! That's awful! :sad: That was what I was worried about when I read about the sale. That's too bad they won't undervalue the packages. On a brighter note, the Magenta is such a gorgeous color and I know you will love it when you get it!:yes:

pupsterpurse thanks im telling myself the same :yes: i shouldnt be so sad bec its such a worth it purchase even if its above retail already

sorry to hear that kaka...
I am actually worried about the custom too and my bag has not even been posted as they are having problem with Australian bank....
Hope you get your beautiful bag on monday though!!!

kaka, now, i'm a bit hesitant to buy anything overseas... i always calculate the fees to the total of the purchase to see if it's really worth it. i'm sure you will love your magenta first! in the end, you'll have a beautiful bag to show for all your patience.:girlsigh:

kaka I'm so sorry! My bag was held at customs in Alaska and missed its flight home on Thursday! Now I have to wait until Monday. Do you know how the customs taxes work? Is it a percentage of the marked value? I'm all nervous now!

esile said:
kaka, now, i'm a bit hesitant to buy anything overseas... i always calculate the fees to the total of the purchase to see if it's really worth it. i'm sure you will love your magenta first! in the end, you'll have a beautiful bag to show for all your patience.:girlsigh:

thnks esile, ive only seen pictures of it and im already loving it :tender:

jdy - here they charge 15% on declared value but there are so many add on charges besides the 15% that mine reached a total of $290 :hysteric:

I wonder if I will be getting a bill from them later.

Well Kaka if it makes you feel any better, my magenta first I get is just beautiful. The color is TDF!! And the leather is so soft.

i live in montreal and bought my city from browns uk too. it arrived within 5 working days, but i got a bill from DHL and was charged C$350 for custom duties and quebec provincial tax. the bag ended up costing me £56 more than if i were in the uk (in london the bag cost £720 tax inclusive). i've ordered another one from them recently though as i can't seem to find a balenciaga retailer here (i moved here from london uk 2yrs ago). would it be cheaper if i ordered it from the new york boutique? or is there a retailer in canada and if so anyone know how much they're selling here?