MY LV's were stolen :(

How awful! There are so many things to worry about with buying and selling handbags online. Don't blame yourself because it is not something you could have stopped. I hope you get your money back and hopefully the culprit gets caught.

Yep it was. She was only one working in the store.She was asking me all kinds of questions about the bags in there, I refused to say what brand they were.

Oh there's your sign right there. They should not be questioning your contents in the boxes at all. I would think that's against the shippers policies. The post office always ask if there's anything liquid or hazardous and that's it..I hope this all gets resolved for you atleast you had the bags insured. Crossing my fingers for you. I don't know how the person who did that sleeps at night...smh

Last edited:
I really do not understand how or why people take advantage of others. I dropped off two bags on two different days to a fed ex shipping store. The first bag was a return I was making to Fashionphile because the bag I ordered was just too heavy. The other bag I dropped off was a bag that I no longer used much and had sold to them. Well I thought it was odd FP never reimbursed me for the return bag after they received it. I emailed them today and I got a call; I was informed that not only did they receive the return box empty but they also received the second box a couple days later empty as well. The woman at FP told me that the label had been cut off of the original box, she could tell because the label had the cardboard of the original box on it still and then the label was tapped onto a new box, a box I did not use because my box had specific marking on it and the box that FP received was brand new (most likely from the shipping store I would imagine).

Oh I looked on their Yelp paged and lo and behold there was a recent review and the person says that their item was stolen out of their box too. I have no idea what the recourse will be. FP did have insurance on it so I guess I will have to file a claim with fed ex. I honestly feel sorry for the person who did this, they must live an ugly life to have to do this to people and I hope if they do get caught they get help for whatever it is they need help with.

Oh SpeedyJC! I'm so sorry to hear about this!
Makes me so mad to read and I'm so sorry you have to stress and spend time on this mess!
This sounds an inside job. A FedEx guy also stole my friends brand new (ordered from Apple) iPhone 6+...
I hope it won't be too much of a headache for you and that everything turns out just fine! So happy to hear there was insurance involved!

I am sorry this happened to you and hope that you are able to use the full extent of the law to the person that did this. I only use the USPS to send high value items, for various reasons. Once I had a postal worker ask me what was is such a light weight box that could be valued at $2000, I responded "are you seriously asking me that question" and they backed off. The possibility of a Federal crime versus a state crime gets people to back off quick.

I am sorry this happened to you and hope that you are able to use the full extent of the law to the person that did this. I only use the USPS to send high value items, for various reasons. Once I had a postal worker ask me what was is such a light weight box that could be valued at $2000, I responded "are you seriously asking me that question" and they backed off. The possibility of a Federal crime versus a state crime gets people to back off quick.

Yep...me too. The USPS is all I use too because of it being affiliated with the government. Not that they're completely trustworthy but like you said. A federal crime is far more serious for the employee...

Wow! That is crazy and takes some nerve. More than some nerve. I hope it all works out for you quickly and without hassle. Maybe due to the previous complaint and now yours they will look into it right away.

Whoa! shady people out there. how do they live with themselves knowing they stole someone else's hard earn money/possession. i fully believe in karma, i hope you get everything resolve soon JC.

That is horrible! A police complaint is a must and you already seem to have filed one. I don't know how it works exactly, but really hope the insurance reimburses you and these lowlifes get what they deserve!

I was at the buyer's end of such an incident. Ordered a Map bandeau from a private (but reputable) seller and received an empty box. We had to file a police complaint and the case is still under investigation since a few months but we've lost hope of recovering that money :shucks:. Anyway, thankfully it was a smaller amount. Really hope you get your money back, please keep us updated!

Yep...me too. The USPS is all I use too because of it being affiliated with the government. Not that they're completely trustworthy but like you said. A federal crime is far more serious for the employee...

Thanks everyone for the replies. Also even though fed ex is not a government affiliate I am pretty sure that this is still a federal crime as it involves the crossing of state lines. So if it is proven this girl stole or someone else at store did then they can be in serious trouble. Obviously something is going on with the store if this has happened three times in one month(twice me, once someone else).

I'm going to have an attorney contact fed ex tomorrow to figure out the insurance situation.

Last edited:
Thank you ladies. I really want to conduct my own sting operation on this place. Especially after seeing the recent review of someone who shipped via this location store and had an item stolen out of the box. Maybe its the inner investigator in me. I think I will contact the officer in the morning and see what we can do. My plan would be to put a fake bag in the box and drop it off to her, acting as though I have not received news about the prior shipments. I would then wait for the Fed ex truck to arrive at the location, I would walk back into the store right when they are loading and request my box back, I could lie and say I forgot to put a slip in it. I really think this could be the best way to catch the person if it is in fact the person (who has been the only person in the entire store both times) doing this. I know I am getting all Nancy Drew now. I just worry going the straight investigation route as this box has gone through so many hands. The only proof would be if there is video records but often times those get written over and also she may have known where to do it off of camera. I could have FP send me back the box and then compare it to a box at the location but there wouldnt be any solid proof since its just a basic box. I dont think that falls under entrapment but its been awhile since Ciminal justice school so im abit rusty.

Put an exploding dye pack in the fake bag! You'd be able to find the culprit really quickly!

Excuse the lack of awareness cause I'm not familiar with US postal services but how does USPS crime become federal and others state only?

That is horrible! A police complaint is a must and you already seem to have filed one. I don't know how it works exactly, but really hope the insurance reimburses you and these lowlifes get what they deserve!

I was at the buyer's end of such an incident. Ordered a Map bandeau from a private (but reputable) seller and received an empty box. We had to file a police complaint and the case is still under investigation since a few months but we've lost hope of recovering that money :shucks:. Anyway, thankfully it was a smaller amount. Really hope you get your money back, please keep us updated!

Sorry that happened, was there insurance on it? I hope I get it back too but if I don't I will be ok so at least I have that to be thankful for. With that said if insurance doesn't cover it I will have an attorney look into bringing a civil suit against the store. I have three very close friends and all three are attorneys and they are all riled up so I am also lucky in that regard., I am just hoping it doesn't come to that.

perhaps it was the truck driver and not the clerk(s) at the store where you dropped it? the package probably passes through a few hands before making its way to FF. the drivers, i would assume have the most knowledge of what FF is and where that delivery is going. i can imagine a store clerk is clueless about FF and the contents of a box, but a driver delivering to FF every single day would know. it could even be someone making the delivery directly to FF and not anyone at your drop-off center. just always get that proof of mailing and you should be covered. i try to mix it up.. go to various locations and not the same shipping center every single time.

Excuse the lack of awareness cause I'm not familiar with US postal services but how does USPS crime become federal and others state only?

The United States postal service is an agency of the federal government therefore if you screw with them you it's a federal crime automatically.

UPS and FED EX are not agencies of the government however they operate across state lines in the US so I am pretty sure a UPS and FEDEx crime can become federal. I think as soon as that box left NY state it became a federal crime but I could be wrong. It's been nearly 7 years since my CJ schooling.