My Luxury Bowler is en-route!

Molls said:
It's raining chanels for you :yahoo:. I can't wait to see pics of your lux bowler. So you thought it was metallic and it's not? But the bag has a lot of sheen to it? I'm really intrigued. The chocolate cerf sounds....yummy ;). Congrats!

Chanel calls the leather on the fall deerskin luxury line metallic black on the website, but it is unclear if they treated the leather to have the sheen Denise describes. She said it definitely does not have the same finish as the goatskin bags from spring. She described the deerskin as "grainy, not flat like last season" (the smooth calfskin). I am under the impression that deerskin has a natural sheen. I'll know tomorrow for sure, and later on this month I can compare the leather to my cerf tote!

roey said:
Chanel calls the leather on the fall deerskin luxury line metallic black on the website, but it is unclear if they treated the leather to have the sheen Denise describes. She said it definitely does not have the same finish as the goatskin bags from spring. She described the deerskin as "grainy, not flat like last season" (the smooth calfskin). I am under the impression that deerskin has a natural sheen. I'll know tomorrow for sure, and later on this month I can compare the leather to my cerf tote!

I hope you LOVE it when you get it. Please post pics as soon as you can.

It's here! And it is way too hot to pose for pretty pictures - I snapped some quickly. The a/c in my apt. can barely keep up with the soaring temps.

The leather is thick, soft, a little bit slouchy, and very textured. The stuffing is out in the photos. It is not metallic, but has a natural sheen that makes it appear a bit more off-black than pitch-black. I thought the handles would be longer; I'm a tad disappointed of the way it sits on the shoulder (medium version). It will be fine when I need hands-free moments, but it feels uncomfortable under the arm because of the width. I will probably keep it but am leaving the tag on for awhile since I want to compare it with the square vintage and cerf tote when they arrive. After all that drama, LOL! :lol:

Attachments

• ChanelBowlerFront2.JPG
    ChanelBowlerFront2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 420
  • ChanelBowlerSide.JPG
    ChanelBowlerSide.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 67
  • ChanelBowlerSide2.JPG
    ChanelBowlerSide2.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 46
  • ChanelBowlerShoulderUse.JPG
    ChanelBowlerShoulderUse.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 107
:nuts: It's gorgeous roey!! I really love that leather!

Too bad it feels uncomfortable under your arm because it looks great on you, like it's just the right size!

Wow Roey, gorgeous bag!!! Hmmm, sorry to hear about how it seems slightly too wide. From what I recall, even w/the cambon bowler, that's the case w/the issue under the arm. Maybe you could put it on your shoulder tilted more towards the back so that it's at more of an angle and doesn't go right under your arm? I did that w/the cambon bowler and it was much better. She's a beauty!!!

And I AGREE about the heat :sad: My house can't keep up w/it either. Hope there aren't any rolling blackouts!