My Juicy Couture Pants got me into trouble

First of all, I work for the composition department, so our dress code is very lay back since we don't meet customers at all. We can pretty much wear anything except for tank top and mini skirt.

So the other day I was wearing my juicy couture pants, it has "juicy" written on the back of the pants. Somehow some old co-workers has said something to the manager about that. So the manager told me that I can't wear at work, even though it's not against the company's dress code!

I feel so upset after that happened because that's just unfair. :confused1: It's not like I worn something thats not allowed or showed a lot of skin...Oh well, it feel pretty good to vent it out!

Did that ever happen to you guys?

Girlfriend, life is unfair and if you're not writing the checks you gotta deal with it. Understand that you are in the business world, albeit casual, don't get too casual or your will never be take seriously. Jeans and Khaki's are cool, but sweats with JUICY :nogood::nogood::nogood:

I had to do the same thing to a young lady working for me. I pulled her into the office, sent her home to change and return. She made a deal out of it by telling her co-workers. I wasn't going to say a word. Then we had the big email about dress code go out. No more casual. Strickly business! She spoiled it for the rest.

We're not allowed to wear anything with a slogan, maybe you've got a similar rule at work!

we are allowed to wear any kind of sweat pant, and shirts that has phrases on it.
but some people at work didnt know juicy couture is a brand, so they took it as something naughty.
because before that, i wore it all the time to work and it was fine.

You're at WORK. You should expect to dress like it even if it's not explicitly mentioned.

Even if Juicy is a brand, it's supposed to be a little "naughty". They've purposely named it and placed it so. It doesn't matter if it's a brand, it's still inappropriate.

You're at WORK. You should expect to dress like it even if it's not explicitly mentioned.

Even if Juicy is a brand, it's supposed to be a little "naughty". They've purposely named it and placed it so. It doesn't matter if it's a brand, it's still inappropriate.

Well said. It is just about being professional in my mind. Whether an office is casual or not, I think that there is still a fine line between what may be appropriate at home vs. what is appropriate as the office. The sexual undertone IS there.

My mother used to say this when she'd see the girls with "juicy" on the butt. We were...quite large then.. :lol:

Oh heck yeah! I am plus size and always joke that I'll be in the "fat ass" section...I may not like it, but I prefer to turn it into a comedy routine, so that is how the Wide Load brand was born. I'd love to do that...become a nerdy fashion designer!!

I kind of understand but I personally dont think it's appropriate for work no matter how casual the environment is. How you dress reflects who you are and having Juicy on your butt at work isnt gonna win over the "old farts" you know? I think there are probably alot better outfits that are still super comfy that dont have words describing your butt. :-]] Just my opinion though

I guess if it makes someone at work uncomfortable just don't wear them anymore. I don't have a problem with Juicy or anything else on the butt of pants but for work you sort of have to go with what works for the environment you're in.

Of course I'm a court reporter who wore a Juicy track suit with a Juicy T-shirt that said SHUT UP on it to a deposition once. It's a long story why it happened, but it wasn't something I normally do. I did get a lot of strange looks too. I was really hoping I'd never have to work with the client again but he didn't even seem to notice. Ugh.

I guess if it makes someone at work uncomfortable just don't wear them anymore. I don't have a problem with Juicy or anything else on the butt of pants but for work you sort of have to go with what works for the environment you're in.

Of course I'm a court reporter who wore a Juicy track suit with a Juicy T-shirt that said SHUT UP on it to a deposition once. It's a long story why it happened, but it wasn't something I normally do. I did get a lot of strange looks too. I was really hoping I'd never have to work with the client again but he didn't even seem to notice. Ugh.

Yeah I guess I was mostly upset about the whole thing because they purposely picked on me. Even if I didn't wear my juicy sweat pants, they would have said something too. Because couple of weeks ago, they lied about I wore clothes that showed my belly. Honestly, I don't even owe a short shirt like that. So now that they has said something about my juicy sweat pants when everyone else wore sweats that has all kind of phases on it too. And after talking to my co-workers, some old people at my work are actually famous for picking on young workers here.