My INSANE visit to LV, then Gucci!!!! warning: LONG!!!!!!

ajamesgrly said:
hehe you're too funny...that's what I meant was to try it on IRL first...but to me it sounds like you're leaning toward the gucci! maybe you should getit then! or get BOTH...I mean all three heheh!!:yahoo:

Heehee!:lol: Geez, I don't know what's going to happen. Dh's like, "lets go back so that you have more time to see more bags so that you can make a decision.." Ya, just what I need...confuse myself more..:confused1:

But....I do want to see more Guccis. I was only there for about 30 mins. Now I'm thinking since I'm there I should go to the Yves Saint Laurent, and maybe Chanel...might as well hit 'em all!! I'm confused anyway, what's the difference!?!? ACK!!:shrugs: :lol:

Maybe when I go to bed tonight...I'll come to a realization tomorrow?! Ya, ok wishful thinking...I know LOL! I have a few issues..! heehee!:shame: But all this purse searching is a bit fun, and entertaining. :wlae:

LVCRAZED said:
Heehee!Geez, I don't know what's going to happen. Dh's like, "lets go back so that you have more time to see more bags so that you can make a decision.." Ya, just what I need...confuse myself more..

But....I do want to see more Guccis. I was only there for about 30 mins. Now I'm thinking since I'm there I should go to the Yves Saint Laurent, and maybe Chanel...might as well hit 'em all!! I'm confused anyway, what's the difference!?!? ACK!!

Maybe when I go to bed tonight...I'll come to a realization tomorrow?! Ya, ok wishful thinking...I know LOL! I have a few issues..! heehee! But all this purse searching is a bit fun, and entertaining.

hehe..you sound very overwhelmed by all the beautiful bags we have to choose from:drool: ...there are just too many choices and they're all gorg! I bet when you go to bed tonight, that's all you'll be thinking about tonight!!!:shrugs: and you'll get more and more ideas!! I know when I go to the mall, I hit up all the designer boutiques and make all my metal wishlists...and then in the end just go for the one that truly makes my heart go :flowers: :love: :P :heart: but it's the chase and the decision making that makes it so fun!! btw, make sure you look at all the Gucci Britt Totes if you go bag...I love that line! sorry if I'm making you go :Push: !! g luck!!

LVCRAZED said:
Ok, I went to LV this morning right when they opened. I was the only 1 in the store. I had a GRRREAT time! LOL!!

I went to find a back up bag if (for whatever reason) I don't like the Onatah GM in leather when I see IRL. Btw, I just got the list for it yesterday.

The bags I wanted to see were: the Highbury, Illovo MM, and the Chelsea.

They didn't have a Chelsea in the store for me to ck out. :sad: Oh well..

I looked at all of those then decided I'd like to see a number of other bags I had been curious about. So before you know it I was in a LV FRENZY! LOL!:yahoo: I was having me a good ol' time! Looking at bag, after bag, after BAG!

My SA was really nice about it. I told her I was on the list for the Onatah and if I didn't like it, I was looking for a replacement. Heehee! ::drool: WHEW!

These are the bags I looked at:

Monogram:

Lock it (small)
Lock it Horizontal
Multipli-Cite
Pop Haut
Manhattan GM
Manhattan PM
Tulum GM
Tulum PM
Hudson GM
Hudson
Coussin GM
Looping (Med. Large)
Mini Looping
Tikal GM

Damier:

Highbury
Illovo MM
Saleya PM, and MM
Marais
Belem MM

Epi Leather:
Speedy 30(in black) I just wanted to see the size difference compared to a reg. mono speedy 30. was curious...I asked about the "mocha" speedy if there was one, (wasn't sure) or if was discontinued or whatever...Then she told me there was a new color for the epi leather "sienna". I asked her when that would be in. Then later another SA brought it out...:smile: The Epi leather Speedy in Sienna (I believe that's what she said). She said it was a 25, but looked a bit bigger than my Cerise. But not as big as the 30. Hmm??
Was nice! But..I'm looking for a shoulder bag.

Perfo Speedy (fuschia)

Fringe Speedy (black) I asked to see this, just out of curiousity.

Ok, after ALL THIS LV action...I checked the time and I still had time to go to Gucci. I only have LVs (2 coach from before I got into LV). Lately, I've been wanting to "branch out" to something else. But have been a bit "wary" cuz I don't know I think.."it's not LV". :confused1:

I had responded to a thread a few wks. ago that someone posted saying about "if your are only loyal to LV" etc. Neway...alot of PFers were saying .."buy what you like" regardless of the brand, etc. So I figured I had the time (had to pick up my daughter early from school today) ...So I went for the 1st time to Gucci. Tried on about 7 bags. They were really nice! I narrowed it down to 2 that I liked. And one out of those 2 I REALLY REALLY liked. UT OH!!!!!!!:wtf:

So now I'm in a dilemma. I liked this particular Gucci so much I feel like getting it and taking my name off this list for the Onatah.

I mean...I kinda want something different. The Gucci bag is so nice! I love it!! But I also loved the Tulum GM! VERY NICE! Then there's the "Onatah" ACK!!!!!! LOL, I should've stayed home today..:Push:

But...See...the Tulum is mono. (the majority of my LVs are mono.) I wanted something "different" that's why I was going for the damier bags. BUT I have the Speedy in Damier...just wanted to get a shoulder bag in damier. Then I find out about the Onatah...which I like alot too! But then I want to "branch out" and try something different Gucci, chanel, prada...BUT I'm LOVIN' Gucci. Then I tell myself the Onatah is limited addition...(this kills me). But then I'm like, "all I have is LV, try something new/different" = gucci. I think I may go get the Gucci and take my name off the list for the Onatah. I don't know.....ARGH! :shrugs:

Here's the link to one of the Gucci bags I liked. This is the one I'm leaning towards..

Gucci - Medium Tote - Saks.com

Get the Onatah now and then get the Gucci when it goes on sale in december (most of the fall line goes on sale pre holidays). :o)

ajamesgrly said:
hehe..you sound very overwhelmed by all the beautiful bags we have to choose from:drool: ...there are just too many choices and they're all gorg! I bet when you go to bed tonight, that's all you'll be thinking about tonight!!!:shrugs: and you'll get more and more ideas!! I know when I go to the mall, I hit up all the designer boutiques and make all my metal wishlists...and then in the end just go for the one that truly makes my heart go :flowers: :love: :P :heart: but it's the chase and the decision making that makes it so fun!! btw, make sure you look at all the Gucci Britt Totes if you go bag...I love that line! sorry if I'm making you go :Push: !! g luck!!

Yep, too many choices! We'll see if I go over the weekend...Hopefully if we do go, the traffic isn't too bad...:yucky: Thx, for the luck...I'll need it. LOL!

chiclawyer said:
Get the Onatah now and then get the Gucci when it goes on sale in december (most of the fall line goes on sale pre holidays). :o)

I wish!! LOL!! This is to be my Christmas gift. (Early I know..LOL) we (dh and I) never seem to make it to Dec. This is extra early this yr. We usually get our gifts in Nov....but have gotten 'em in Oct. So this is a bit early but AH, who cares?? LOL!

Or maybe I'll just ck out all my options for awhile. That would be good. Ya, right. Heehee!

Ya, I was reading the gucci boards and I was reading about how they go on sale. Anyone know by how much? Thx.

:nuts: Looks like you had a great day trying out all those bags:girlsigh: The Gucci looks gorgeous but IMO can you wait for two more weeks? So you can compare both bags IRL. You might change your mind again:graucho:. The other thing is I hate to pay full price now and found out later that I can have it for 30% off or more:cursing: which will never happen with LV.

Lee69 said:
:nuts: Looks like you had a great day trying out all those bags:girlsigh: The Gucci looks gorgeous but IMO can you wait for two more weeks? So you can compare both bags IRL. You might change your mind again:graucho:. The other thing is I hate to pay full price now and found out later that I can have it for 30% off or more:cursing: which will never happen with LV.

Ya..hehee..I was like a kid in a candy store as they say.. Ya, I keep telling myself just wait to see the onatah first...(dang, why do I have to be so impatient!?!?):mad: :hrmm: I gotta work on that! heehee!:upsidedown:

I need to "seriously" go to bed. I'm getting a lil punchy.:noggin:

I feel like your my twin - not sure how to decide lol. :upsidedown:
It sounds like you know you want the Gucci - I would stay on the waiting list until you know what you want to do. And whatever is going to make you happier, thats the one to buy. I know it's hard to choose one when you want them all. I look forward to hearing what you have decided. :flowers:

I don't really care for this particular gucci bag, but as long as you love it, then that's all that matters. As for the Onatah, I haven't seen this one in all leather, but it sounds yummy, can't wait to see it irl!