My horrible ebay and paypal experience

tell the buyer to return your items tomorrow and send you the tracking #. Tell her if she does not you will file a police report for theft . If you do not get the tracking tomorrow then contact her police department and file small claims immediately. You can get your money back if you go to court plus costs.
I agree with this, this is what I would do. Also, if and when she does send them back to you, I would make sure to open the package in front of the delivery person...just in case she sends you an empty box.

your horror story is exactly why i withdrawl my money right away when i get $$ from a auction. I created a checking account just for paypal and once the funds are transfered from paypal to my checking i take out that money right away. I keep both accounts with NOTHING -- well i do keep 1 cent in the checking to keep it open.

IM sorry this has happened. like others have said go to the police and call paypal and tell them you want your call escalated to a manager and inform them you will not just let this go. BE FIRM and dont back down with paypal. I dont think they are really going to "help" you....they got the money from you already

This is a nightmare....no protection whatsoever. Talking to Ebay/Paypal is like talking to your computer screen as well. This is such a crazy situation. I know that a friend of mine was selling designer bags on Ebay and Paypal froze her account because they wanted to know where she was purchasing her bags (all authentic mind you). They froze it for 6 months and after she got her money she was told she could never have an account with them. She did nothing wrong!! Godd luck, they are worse and worse by the sec.

contact a lawy:balloon:er and the police a lawyers letter to paypal should do the trick and would nt cost you that much . any threat of legal action they normally cave and good luck

The items were for $600. I just sold some items recently and they took the money from the payment for other items and hold all my money for other items. Now I can't withdraw the money and can't pay for anything. They ask me where I got my bags from. I send them the ebay auction and ask them what's going on. They just told me a wait. I am so furious because they hold almost $2000 from me. And I need that money too.
Thanks for all the advise, I think I will file a police report.
I gave big negative feedback and the buyer claim that I am scamming people by selling items I bought from ebay. I never heard of selling stuff I bought from ebay that I don't use anymore is against the law. This is frustrating. I wonder if I contact ebay, ebay will do anything about that buyer account?

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I agree with other posters and file a police report!

I have a similar situation like yours that PayPal froze my money for more than a week except PayPal said that it was nothing to do with the buyer. PayPal asked to provide all sale receipts from the items I sold which was ridiculous and nonsense! They also asked me to wait until all packages were delivered before I can call back to inform them to process my case!

I was so mad and furious as my money was gone for no reason and I got no help at all from PayPal. I don't think PayPal protects sellers for anything!! So I went ahead and filed a complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau, www.bbb.org) and surprisingly, PayPal refund my money and had my acct activated after only one business day.

I don't know if this was because BBB took action toward PayPal or PayPal just realized that they were doing something ridiculous, lol! But I suggest you can try BBB and file a complaint with PayPal. It wouldn't hurt of doing this.

I hope you can get your bags back or have your money back! I also suggest anyone who have similar situations can try BBB. Good Luck!

Unbelievable! I'm so shocked about this kind of people that steal things and then have even the arrogance to claim. Do you have a friend that is a lawyer? I can't believe that they can do things like that being unpunished...Find a lawyer (a friend, or a friend of a friend...so it's a free consult), and make him/her write a letter to PP or to the buyer (if you have the data). Often they are scared only at the sight of the word "lawyer"...

YEs Paypal froze my account based on a client saying the bag did not arrive and the only thing that saved me in the end was that I had tracking proving it had been lost in the postal system - It took weeks to clarify and in the meantime I was just stuck unable to do business- It is terrible that they take the word of the customer over the word of the seller- They should not get involved to the point that they take the funds and then refuse to be involved.

SO SORRY THAT THIS HAPPENED TO YOU! Also, I got the phone number (you can too) of the buyer and called and told them in no uncertain terms was this over and that I would fight till the end and that I would take them to small claims court over this if ebay withdrew and gave them back their funds!

Just try and stay calm and fight it till the end- you are in the right. You can sell your items regardless of where you purchased them!
L

All who commented about pressing charges are right! This is considered theft! unbelievable! more importantly to all SELLERS IF YOU ACCEPT PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT METHOD, MAKE IT CLEAR THAT ALL PAYPAL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE FROM BANK ACCOUNT FUNDS OR UPLOADED FUNDS FROM A BANK ACCOUNT AND NOT DIRECT PAYMENTS FROM CREDIT CARDS!!!! THIS IS HOW YOU AVOID CHARGEBACKS, ALL SELLERS REALLY SHOULD BE INSISTING ON THIS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES. I DO.

SELLERS IF YOU ACCEPT PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT METHOD, MAKE IT CLEAR THAT ALL PAYPAL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE FROM BANK ACCOUNT FUNDS OR UPLOADED FUNDS FROM A BANK ACCOUNT AND NOT DIRECT PAYMENTS FROM CREDIT CARDS!!!! THIS IS HOW YOU AVOID CHARGEBACKS, ALL SELLERS REALLY SHOULD BE INSISTING ON THIS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES. I DO.

Actually this is not true. As a seller, you must offer all forms of payment if you accept Paypal. As soon as you have a selling account, credit cards are automatic. There are stories where Paypal has tried to recoup funds from sellers bank accounts too.

As a buyer I refuse to provide paypal my bank account information. It is not safe for buyers to use bank accounts, there is no way to recoup funds if the seller clears out their Paypal and bank account and the item is SNAD or a fake.

The scammers are winning. Paypal needs to make their "rules" easy to follow for sellers and buyers. Ebay is supposed to be so technically advanced, why can't they figure out that scammers are using their own lack of transparency to win rulings against honest sellers and buyers.

I know this is so frustrating! I had a buyer who claimed non receipt of item. She filed a chargeback. (Didn't believe it for a minute since she never once contacted me about it and she had done thing kind of claim before.) It seems that once there is a chargeback, (credit card companies seem to do this rampantly!) paypal just closes the door. So unfair to sellers!!!

That's horrible! I'm very fortunate that I live in a county that will accept lawsuits for anywhere in the country so I could sue Paypal by going to my local courthouse. Collecting on a win though? Who knows.

I think the day has come where selling the costlier designer items on eBay may just be too much of a risk. At least you left negative feedback, and that should scare off some people in general, but it would certainly terrify those that sell designer goods. Her reasoning that you can't resell stuff you picked up on eBay is absurd, and if it's an issue, she darn well should have asked before bidding.