My heart is broken:( Help me get through this.

An update on Hero. We are just about to the five month mark from when the vet at Cornell told me my sweet Hero only had "A few weeks to a couple of months"
Hero is still going strong. I think at month six I am going to go back to Cornell and see if somehow he was misdiagnosed? Is this possible? You can definitely feel a very well form ball shape in his neck but it does not seem to have gotten bigger. Am I deluding myself he could possibly live much longer than the experts estimated? I am thrilled ofcourse but letting my guard down and don't want to be in the excruciating pain I had been in for weeks when I first found out:sad: I am really enjoying every day with my sweetie and honestly have been saying prayers very consistently for months. I have faith his cancer can maybe stop developing?? Anyone else gone through this? I Love my sweetie so much. He is still taking all of his walks, jumping on the sofa in the morning to hang out with me for our alone time before I go to work and enjoying his chicken:smile:

An update on Hero. We are just about to the five month mark from when the vet at Cornell told me my sweet Hero only had "A few weeks to a couple of months"
Hero is still going strong. I think at month six I am going to go back to Cornell and see if somehow he was misdiagnosed? Is this possible? You can definitely feel a very well form ball shape in his neck but it does not seem to have gotten bigger. Am I deluding myself he could possibly live much longer than the experts estimated? I am thrilled ofcourse but letting my guard down and don't want to be in the excruciating pain I had been in for weeks when I first found out:sad: I am really enjoying every day with my sweetie and honestly have been saying prayers very consistently for months. I have faith his cancer can maybe stop developing?? Anyone else gone through this? I Love my sweetie so much. He is still taking all of his walks, jumping on the sofa in the morning to hang out with me for our alone time before I go to work and enjoying his chicken:smile:

Good to hear an update! I don't have any medical knowledge but I hope these are good signs. I hope he stays happy and healthy.[emoji173]️

So happy for you and Hero! I believe prayer and Faith and love can have remarkable results. A few years ago, my rescue cat Norton was given anything from a few days to a few weeks to live. Norton wasn't ready to go and I was nowhere near to accepting his passing. I cried, I prayed, I found another vet...and Norton not only made a recovery that the vet said was a miracle, but we went on to have another four years together.
Hoping Hero continues to go from strength to strength. Sending you both many {{{hugs}}}

That is wonderful news! Never underestimate the power of prayer. Keep it up. He'll be around for a long time!

I'm sorry I missed this thread when you started it but am so happy to hear good news for Hero!!! Just love him every day and enjoy every moment. It is hard to not rob the present worrying about the future, but do your best to savor your time together!!!!

I am so sorry that you are experiencing such pain, your initial post is so full of love, compassion and pain. I started crying while I read....I cannot find the words that may comfort you during this dreadful time, but Here is an angel that came into your life for a reason, he will always watch over you, and you will forever have that special connection and love for another being, that is a blessing. Hero knows how much you love him. Big cyber hug to you, may you be able to love Hero, and he you, as long as you have him.

Good Morning. It has been 9 months since Cornell Vets diagnosed my sweet Hero with squamous cell carcinoma and gave him a few months to a few weeks to live. Hero has had a wonderful and basically normal 8.5 months. It seemed like the cancer stopped in it's track. Then about 2 weeks ago more tumors on his neck, behind his ear and jaw. It was so fast. He has stopped eating and now won't drink. The biggest shock was he went to the front door to take his walk with our other 2 dogs. He had been resting and not moving at all and w were going to put him down Saturday. When he took his normal walk I just couldn't go through with it. Yesterday same thing he went to the front door to take his beloved walk. My husband did end up carrying Hero because he got tired and the other two talks wanted to keep going. It has been so hard these last few weeks. I guess I had convinced myself the doctor's were wrong. This type of cancer typically spreads very quickly with only 10% of dogs making it near a year. Hero was in the 10%. It was early January we first found out about the tumors when he went in to have his teeth cleaned. I am so trying to focus on the priceless time we had and the miracle he had such a wonderful 8-near 9 months after his diagnoses. I know I am going to have to put him down tonight or tomorrow I just don't know how I am going to be without him. He has been such a bright spot in my life and truly a best friend. I have two other dogs but this one is so extra special in that he seems human. He has such a capacity for connecting with people. He will stare in your eyes and sit on your lap forever and his hair is so thick and soft. He has been my comfort when I am sad, my warmth when I am cold and just such a joy. It is so sad that at 6 he will be going to heaven, He has such a bright soul and I feel like should have been put in a human body. I know I probably sound nuts but I sure hope one day I will see this little guy again.