My Frist Brand New LV Purchase!

Maybe in America but not in Australia. I'd made phone calls and emails to enquire about it before i purchased this bag, I even double checked with the sales assistant when i went in and she said that the eclipse only comes in the 45 unless you get the eclipse 'Flash' monogram (which i'm not a fan of)
i did think about ordering it online and getting my friend who is a flight attendant to pick it up for me in L.A. I had seen this bag advertised on the US Louis Vuitton website, but as they are picturing a Keepall 45 with a 55 description i didn't want to risk it as i was worried about it being an error, Also with US taxes and Currency conversion it would of cost me almost $1000 more, which i didn't feel was warranted

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I'm really excited to show you my very first brand new Louis Vuitton item! This Keepall 55 Bandoulier in Macassar Monogram purchased in Sydney Australia in the George Street Store for my 30th birthday.

What i'm REALLY impressed by is that it has the date code AA3107 which means that when i purchased it on the 14th of August (33rd week of 2017) it was only 2-3 weeks old from the LV factory in France! has anyone else purchased something that had been made so close to the purchase date??

Also can anyone tell me why there is that little silver ring attached the the inside the bag to just one of the handle fasteners?View attachment 3800187 View attachment 3800188 View attachment 3800189 View attachment 3800190 View attachment 3800191 View attachment 3800192 View attachment 3800195
Nice Keepall! And so new from the factory. Congratulations!

Reactions: patullose
I don't really have a full length mirror good enough to take a comparison to my height (5ft 10inches) but i think the 45 would be too small for someone who's 6ft tall, Honestly for a man i think the 45 is better as a secondary bag to complement a larger bag or other luggage. Personally i think the smaller look of the 45 is a little more feminine and suits a smaller body frame. Don't forget that generally men who are 6ft or taller will have larger clothing and shoes that would take up more space in a weekender bag.
Thank you for your perspective. It is very helpful.