My forth nose revision with BT

So glad your surgery went well, sweettian. My partner and I just had surgeries with BT this week. I had functional rhino on Tuesday and he had revision rhino along with some lipo around his cheeks and chin yesterday. We are absolutely delighted with the care and compassion given to us by everyone at BT. I will write up a more formal review later. We are so lucky to have found BT and been able to get onto their schedule.

So glad your surgery went well, sweettian. My partner and I just had surgeries with BT this week. I had functional rhino on Tuesday and he had revision rhino along with some lipo around his cheeks and chin yesterday. We are absolutely delighted with the care and compassion given to us by everyone at BT. I will write up a more formal review later. We are so lucky to have found BT and been able to get onto their schedule.
I am so happy for you!

Today I went back to BT for a check up. It turns out my right nostril is still swollen with scars to heal - that’s why the breathing hasn’t returned fully. Dr Lee said it is totally normal and I don’t need to worry. He did a suction, and after that, the breathing has returned for the whole day until now! It is so good to see everyone there in the clinic.
We also discussed the asymmetry of my ala - which is caused by the previous surgeon cutting the ala way too long. Dr Lee said he could perform a 30 minutes surgery to make it look better but it will make nostrils look unsymmetrical and may cause new problems. After a careful consideration I decided to leave it for now and wait until Jan to see how it develops. Dr Lee said he could do it anytime when I am ready and have thought through all the risks. I will for now focus on fixing other damages caused by the previous surgeon.

Reactions: octstorm
Today I went back to BT for a check up. It turns out my right nostril is still swollen with scars to heal - that’s why the breathing hasn’t returned fully. Dr Lee said it is totally normal and I don’t need to worry. He did a suction, and after that, the breathing has returned for the whole day until now! It is so good to see everyone there in the clinic.
We also discussed the asymmetry of my ala - which is caused by the previous surgeon cutting the ala way too long. Dr Lee said he could perform a 30 minutes surgery to make it look better but it will make nostrils look unsymmetrical and may cause new problems. After a careful consideration I decided to leave it for now and wait until Jan to see how it develops. Dr Lee said he could do it anytime when I am ready and have thought through all the risks. I will for now focus on fixing other damages caused by the previous surgeon.
Thank you for your sharing. I need revision and searching good place for rhinoplasty.
I'm also happy that it seems like you are on a normal recovery process.Congrats!

Reactions: sweettian
I got so many questions about BT so I just opened a new one. If you want to contact me, pls feel free to and I am happy wit share my experience.

I come to Korea, China and Turkey over last 8 months looking for best surgeon for revision, as my case is super complicated.I had my primary backed in 2007 in Korea I was very happy. However the L shaped silicon becomes moving and upturn in 2920. I made a big mistake to ask a British surgeon to take out. It caused infection, a hole on my bridge which now healed to a scar and a breathing problem. In 2022, I was foolish enough to do another surgery in the UK which made it worse. Now it is 1year 1month after last surgery, so I believe I am healed enough to do a revision. I have three focus:
1) breathing problem but I don’t like others: mine is not caused septum deviation. It is caused by a too big rib inserted at my tip, which blocked my air entry. Funny enough none of the British ENTs figured out why. Half of Korean surgeons, one Chinese surgeon and one Turkish surgeon figured out why. They all concluded the same.

2) totally leaned to left nose because the British surgeon didn’t put rib straight.

3) scar and super thin skin on bridge.

4) tip with almost no shape.

I have another post for all the consultation experience if you want to check. Price is super expensive as my case is very hard.

After flying back this time, I actually get more consultation and another detailed discussion with BT.

My rehearse with BT: I found they have much more patients and I waited almost 4 hours. We had a long discussion (see below for details).

Reasons that I choose BT
To be honest I was botched by so many surgeons in the UK, old and young, Asian and white. So I learnt age, their graduated university etc are not that important.

I think Dr Lee fits most of my criteria: ENT, confident, understand why I can’t breath, design the best plan, caring (this is what another patient told me as she initially feel tip is too pointy and he adjusted for free after a week and she loves her result now), knowledgeable (he is the only one who pointed out why I had an infection after removing my L shape silicon in the UK). And since my breathing is bad I need an ENT - not many choices plus other two ENTs didn’t figure out why I can’t breath. Actually he also said if he saw anything else need to be fixed after opening up he will do it. - two Japanese surgeon and a Taiwanese surgeon told me the same as my nose is too much botched, once they open up there might be more fixing to do.

Also, Dr Lee was the only one , who asked me to show him my previous surgical notes and read through them to understand what previous surgeons did.His diagnosis is consistent with all other surgeon, including Taiwanese, Japanese, Chinese and Turkish I consulted. We discussed a lot about the thin skin and scar on my bridge, and the material - he can do both silicon and rib but I want an elegant and more defined nose so silicon is the best. He initially didn’t want to take out more rib but said previous surgeon mentioned rib is in good condition. He will scan my rib to double check where the best place to take out. He checked my rib scar and was shocked by the place and length. He also showed me some of his before and after. We agreed to print what I want and don’t want to stick in the surgical room.

Why I didn’t chose any clinic:
For various reasons - pls note this is purely my own experience and decision.

GNG: consultation is good. Dr Seong seems very knowledge. He understands breathing issue. Same plan as BT but few millions cheaper. They also offer 2 nights free accommodation in the hospital, oxygen chamber, laser and transportation (free taxi to and from the hospital). The translator is nice. I am a bit indecisive as I wasn’t able to find any patient to talk to. Also they seem to be very pushing which I don’t like at all.

The plus - I put high hope as the surgeon is experienced and even wrote a book about rinoplastry. However, after seeing few really bad results, I was put off. Also the surgeon is very cold and consultation is short.

Wave- my first choice back in July but they don’t have anesthesiologist which I feel is very dangerous for my surgery because it will be 5 hours long!! Nevertheless, we agreed to use rib diced method. However, I did lots of research it is a new method and almost no one know what will happen in 10 years. I asked them to hire an anesthesiologist and I will pay. He agreed but then he rejected me stating my rib is not in good condition and he can’t do silicon instead.

EightPS- he is nice initially and knowledgeable but when I double confirm all details, he suddenly become very impatient and told me that he didn’t want to answer as we discussed so he prefers me to go someone else.

1st botton - I have very high hope in them as well because the surgeon is an ENT and he does very natural nose. However. I am let down that as an ENT, he couldn’t figure out why I can’t breath. No matter how much I like his natural result, breathing is my priority.

TN: to be honest, I like his results a lot as I saw two people there after eye and nose. He clearly understand why I can’t breathe and explained in detail. However, when I check their safety record, they honestly told me that they don’t have anesthesiologist and there is a recent death. I was shocked they still don’t want to consider hiring an anesthesiologist?

Noselab- can’t figure out why I can’t breath, and quote was out of roof.

Shimmian - can’t understand why I can’t breath, super rushed consultation for 10 minutes m

JW- seems good I only had an online consultation, insist using rib which I don’t prefer that much. Later on find very mixed reviews. They especially botched three Chinese badly.

Other clinics: I feel their style don’t fit my preference.

To be continued after my surgery…pls pray with me.
I have asked my doctor friends and they told me don't get implant for nose surgery. As your body will eventually reject the implant and your nose will be botch.

Some tips I learnt (not specifically to BT): 1. consultation is a very boring and mental draining process. Every surgeon learns your situation first time but you repeat the same issue to several surgeons all day long! Pls try not to schedule more than 4 per day because it will easy to trigger panic attack. 2. if you go back for more questions, ensure you tell the clinic how long you need so they can schedule around. 3. Wrote down everything before going so you won’t end up forgetting all the questions. 4. Ask the surgeon to explain little by little, with frequent breaks to allow the translator to explain, otherwise the translator might forgot all the details.

Reactions: Kitakawa
Some tips I learnt (not specifically to BT): 1. consultation is a very boring and mental draining process. Every surgeon learns your situation first time but you repeat the same issue to several surgeons all day long! Pls try not to schedule more than 4 per day because it will easy to trigger panic attack. 2. if you go back for more questions, ensure you tell the clinic how long you need so they can schedule around. 3. Wrote down everything before going so you won’t end up forgetting all the questions. 4. Ask the surgeon to explain little by little, with frequent breaks to allow the translator to explain, otherwise the translator might forgot all the details.
Thank you! This is very important advice.

Reactions: sweettian