My forth nose revision with BT

sweettian

Oct 29, 2019
I got so many questions about BT so I just opened a new one. If you want to contact me, pls feel free to and I am happy wit share my experience.

I come to Korea, China and Turkey over last 8 months looking for best surgeon for revision, as my case is super complicated.I had my primary backed in 2007 in Korea I was very happy. However the L shaped silicon becomes moving and upturn in 2920. I made a big mistake to ask a British surgeon to take out. It caused infection, a hole on my bridge which now healed to a scar and a breathing problem. In 2022, I was foolish enough to do another surgery in the UK which made it worse. Now it is 1year 1month after last surgery, so I believe I am healed enough to do a revision. I have three focus:
1) breathing problem but I don’t like others: mine is not caused septum deviation. It is caused by a too big rib inserted at my tip, which blocked my air entry. Funny enough none of the British ENTs figured out why. Half of Korean surgeons, one Chinese surgeon and one Turkish surgeon figured out why. They all concluded the same.

2) totally leaned to left nose because the British surgeon didn’t put rib straight.

3) scar and super thin skin on bridge.

4) tip with almost no shape.

I have another post for all the consultation experience if you want to check. Price is super expensive as my case is very hard.

After flying back this time, I actually get more consultation and another detailed discussion with BT.

My rehearse with BT: I found they have much more patients and I waited almost 4 hours. We had a long discussion (see below for details).

Reasons that I choose BT
To be honest I was botched by so many surgeons in the UK, old and young, Asian and white. So I learnt age, their graduated university etc are not that important.

I think Dr Lee fits most of my criteria: ENT, confident, understand why I can’t breath, design the best plan, caring (this is what another patient told me as she initially feel tip is too pointy and he adjusted for free after a week and she loves her result now), knowledgeable (he is the only one who pointed out why I had an infection after removing my L shape silicon in the UK). And since my breathing is bad I need an ENT - not many choices plus other two ENTs didn’t figure out why I can’t breath. Actually he also said if he saw anything else need to be fixed after opening up he will do it. - two Japanese surgeon and a Taiwanese surgeon told me the same as my nose is too much botched, once they open up there might be more fixing to do.

Also, Dr Lee was the only one , who asked me to show him my previous surgical notes and read through them to understand what previous surgeons did.His diagnosis is consistent with all other surgeon, including Taiwanese, Japanese, Chinese and Turkish I consulted. We discussed a lot about the thin skin and scar on my bridge, and the material - he can do both silicon and rib but I want an elegant and more defined nose so silicon is the best. He initially didn’t want to take out more rib but said previous surgeon mentioned rib is in good condition. He will scan my rib to double check where the best place to take out. He checked my rib scar and was shocked by the place and length. He also showed me some of his before and after. We agreed to print what I want and don’t want to stick in the surgical room.

Why I didn’t chose any clinic:
For various reasons - pls note this is purely my own experience and decision.

GNG: consultation is good. Dr Seong seems very knowledge. He understands breathing issue. Same plan as BT but few millions cheaper. They also offer 2 nights free accommodation in the hospital, oxygen chamber, laser and transportation (free taxi to and from the hospital). The translator is nice. I am a bit indecisive as I wasn’t able to find any patient to talk to. Also they seem to be very pushing which I don’t like at all.

The plus - I put high hope as the surgeon is experienced and even wrote a book about rinoplastry. However, after seeing few really bad results, I was put off. Also the surgeon is very cold and consultation is short.

Wave- my first choice back in July but they don’t have anesthesiologist which I feel is very dangerous for my surgery because it will be 5 hours long!! Nevertheless, we agreed to use rib diced method. However, I did lots of research it is a new method and almost no one know what will happen in 10 years. I asked them to hire an anesthesiologist and I will pay. He agreed but then he rejected me stating my rib is not in good condition and he can’t do silicon instead.

EightPS- he is nice initially and knowledgeable but when I double confirm all details, he suddenly become very impatient and told me that he didn’t want to answer as we discussed so he prefers me to go someone else.

1st botton - I have very high hope in them as well because the surgeon is an ENT and he does very natural nose. However. I am let down that as an ENT, he couldn’t figure out why I can’t breath. No matter how much I like his natural result, breathing is my priority.

TN: to be honest, I like his results a lot as I saw two people there after eye and nose. He clearly understand why I can’t breathe and explained in detail. However, when I check their safety record, they honestly told me that they don’t have anesthesiologist and there is a recent death. I was shocked they still don’t want to consider hiring an anesthesiologist?

Noselab- can’t figure out why I can’t breath, and quote was out of roof.

Shimmian - can’t understand why I can’t breath, super rushed consultation for 10 minutes m

JW- seems good I only had an online consultation, insist using rib which I don’t prefer that much. Later on find very mixed reviews. They especially botched three Chinese badly.

Other clinics: I feel their style don’t fit my preference.

To be continued after my surgery…pls pray with me.

I got so many questions about BT so I just opened a new one. If you want to contact me, pls feel free to and I am happy wit share my experience.

I come to Korea, China and Turkey over last 8 months looking for best surgeon for revision, as my case is super complicated.I had my primary backed in 2007 in Korea I was very happy. However the L shaped silicon becomes moving and upturn in 2920. I made a big mistake to ask a British surgeon to take out. It caused infection, a hole on my bridge which now healed to a scar and a breathing problem. In 2022, I was foolish enough to do another surgery in the UK which made it worse. Now it is 1year 1month after last surgery, so I believe I am healed enough to do a revision. I have three focus:
1) breathing problem but I don’t like others: mine is not caused septum deviation. It is caused by a too big rib inserted at my tip, which blocked my air entry. Funny enough none of the British ENTs figured out why. Half of Korean surgeons, one Chinese surgeon and one Turkish surgeon figured out why. They all concluded the same.

2) totally leaned to left nose because the British surgeon didn’t put rib straight.

3) scar and super thin skin on bridge.

4) tip with almost no shape.

I have another post for all the consultation experience if you want to check. Price is super expensive as my case is very hard.

After flying back this time, I actually get more consultation and another detailed discussion with BT.

My rehearse with BT: I found they have much more patients and I waited almost 4 hours. We had a long discussion (see below for details).

Reasons that I choose BT
To be honest I was botched by so many surgeons in the UK, old and young, Asian and white. So I learnt age, their graduated university etc are not that important.

I think Dr Lee fits most of my criteria: ENT, confident, understand why I can’t breath, design the best plan, caring (this is what another patient told me as she initially feel tip is too pointy and he adjusted for free after a week and she loves her result now), knowledgeable (he is the only one who pointed out why I had an infection after removing my L shape silicon in the UK). And since my breathing is bad I need an ENT - not many choices plus other two ENTs didn’t figure out why I can’t breath. Actually he also said if he saw anything else need to be fixed after opening up he will do it. - two Japanese surgeon and a Taiwanese surgeon told me the same as my nose is too much botched, once they open up there might be more fixing to do.

Also, Dr Lee was the only one , who asked me to show him my previous surgical notes and read through them to understand what previous surgeons did.His diagnosis is consistent with all other surgeon, including Taiwanese, Japanese, Chinese and Turkish I consulted. We discussed a lot about the thin skin and scar on my bridge, and the material - he can do both silicon and rib but I want an elegant and more defined nose so silicon is the best. He initially didn’t want to take out more rib but said previous surgeon mentioned rib is in good condition. He will scan my rib to double check where the best place to take out. He checked my rib scar and was shocked by the place and length. He also showed me some of his before and after. We agreed to print what I want and don’t want to stick in the surgical room.

Why I didn’t chose any clinic:
For various reasons - pls note this is purely my own experience and decision.

GNG: consultation is good. Dr Seong seems very knowledge. He understands breathing issue. Same plan as BT but few millions cheaper. They also offer 2 nights free accommodation in the hospital, oxygen chamber, laser and transportation (free taxi to and from the hospital). The translator is nice. I am a bit indecisive as I wasn’t able to find any patient to talk to. Also they seem to be very pushing which I don’t like at all.

The plus - I put high hope as the surgeon is experienced and even wrote a book about rinoplastry. However, after seeing few really bad results, I was put off. Also the surgeon is very cold and consultation is short.

Wave- my first choice back in July but they don’t have anesthesiologist which I feel is very dangerous for my surgery because it will be 5 hours long!! Nevertheless, we agreed to use rib diced method. However, I did lots of research it is a new method and almost no one know what will happen in 10 years. I asked them to hire an anesthesiologist and I will pay. He agreed but then he rejected me stating my rib is not in good condition and he can’t do silicon instead.

EightPS- he is nice initially and knowledgeable but when I double confirm all details, he suddenly become very impatient and told me that he didn’t want to answer as we discussed so he prefers me to go someone else.

1st botton - I have very high hope in them as well because the surgeon is an ENT and he does very natural nose. However. I am let down that as an ENT, he couldn’t figure out why I can’t breath. No matter how much I like his natural result, breathing is my priority.

TN: to be honest, I like his results a lot as I saw two people there after eye and nose. He clearly understand why I can’t breathe and explained in detail. However, when I check their safety record, they honestly told me that they don’t have anesthesiologist and there is a recent death. I was shocked they still don’t want to consider hiring an anesthesiologist?

Noselab- can’t figure out why I can’t breath, and quote was out of roof.

Shimmian - can’t understand why I can’t breath, super rushed consultation for 10 minutes m

JW- seems good I only had an online consultation, insist using rib which I don’t prefer that much. Later on find very mixed reviews. They especially botched three Chinese badly.

Other clinics: I feel their style don’t fit my preference.

To be continued after my surgery…pls pray with me.

My recap with BT twice again after arriving Seoul
2nd time consultation:
due to my occupation, I always have lots of questions to ask. I went there again to met Dr Lee, took CT scan at the clinic for 3D print silicon. Grace again has been super helpful. In the consultation, both their English translator Kelly and their Chinese translator were there. I asked some more questions, Dr Lee very patiently answered all of them one by one.

Note they have more patients so I actually wanted 4 hours to see him because he was in a surgery .

A con here is that after a detailed discussion and we modified the initial plan to ensure my breathing is back, the assistant would like to add quite a bit - which I was shocked. At that stage, I felt I wanted to walk away. We negotiated a bit and I went back feeling pretty upset. Then in the evening, the assistant texted me, saying Dr Lee decided not to increase the price, and he will do everything needed after opening up - give my nose was too badly botched, few surgeons told me that they will open up and see. I feel Dr Lee has a kind heart!

Third time consultation
I went back as I still have more questions: He displayed the best quality I am looking for in a surgeon. He is calm but warn, friendly and explained everthing very clearly. I asked some technical questions which he answered very well! At the end he told me again not to worry, he got what I want, maybe the scar with ultra thin skin on my nose is a difficult fix but will be much more improved. He also asked me to send him my previous surgical note so he will read again to prepare the surgery. It will be 5 hours long but he has confidence. What I like most is that, when we both were talking, we looked at the translator in turn, but whenever I looked at the translator, he turned to look at me. When he pointed out stuff while I held the mirror, he looked straight to my eyes, and told me again, pls don’t worry, and if he sees anything else needs to be fixed after opening up, he will do it to fix to his best. I asked him few difficult technical questions, he answered in a way that I know he has strong technical skills.

At that point, I totally trust him with strong confidence. He also ordered additional more clear scan for checking my rib. It can’t be done at the clinic across the street, so Grace ordered taxi and went to another bigger clinic to take the scan with me and sent me home. Again, they didn’t charge additionally.

To be continued after my surgery…pls pray with me

Hi guys, I just woke up and my surgery ended up taking 6 hours long! It’s early days but Dr Lee said he totally figured out why I couldn’t breath- too big rib inserted at my front entry and no capsule removal by previous British surgeon. He also fixed every problem he could. He was happy. I was amazed after 6 hours surgery, there isn’t much bruise or swelling! I have a very good feeling that I am fixed! Pls pray to God with me! For anyone interested in Rino, definitely check out Dr Lee!

Wishing you a seamless recovery for (hopefully) your final rhino!!! :smile: Dr. Lee sounds like a very kind surgeon and I can see he really gave a lot of thought and consideration to your case. We will see if it continues on into post-op and aftercare. Honestly given that it is your fourth 19mil isn't bad. I am curious, will you be sharing your results?

Wishing you a seamless recovery for (hopefully) your final rhino!!! :smile: Dr. Lee sounds like a very kind surgeon and I can see he really gave a lot of thought and consideration to your case. We will see if it continues on into post-op and aftercare. Honestly given that it is your fourth 19mil isn't bad. I am curious, will you be sharing your results?
I am happy to share my result once I recover because I know I can help so many people.

Reactions: tungcao
Today the clinic removed the cotton pad on my nose and the moment my breathing was totally fine! Now it is blocked a bit which I guess is totally normal. Dr Lee is very kind and come to check me again. He saw I was nervous and anxious as I was botched twice, he asked be to go to see him tomorrow again! Grace and Kelly helped me a lot. Overall I love the experience and feel totally confident in Dr Lee’s skill. Before I left the clinic, they gave me injection for antibiotics and pain. Their surgeries are fully booked up in weeks. He only does 1 if it is complicated like mine. I can’t wait for my recovery!

Reactions: sh23
The best part is that Dr Lee come to talk to me after before the surgery, the surgery, after they remove the cotton pad and also asked me to go back tomorrow for another check by him. I feel he is very empathetic- this is so important to patients who were botched because we usually have anxiety and depression. His supports give me lots of relieve mentally.

An update on breathing: I finally can breath despite blood clots and swellings!! All the British surgeon told me they can’t fix me. And they all - including the country’s top ENTs told me they don’t know why I can’t breath. I am so happy!

Today - perhaps the worst day after the surgery? My nose is blocked with liquid and clots inside. Super swollen face and a black eye…glad Dr Lee asked me to go back ti check at 11am today. Feeling s bit harsh tbh.