my first LV bag, Damier canvas speedy 30 or Idylle canvas with strap?

For your very first piece, I would get something classic, the damier. It is low maintenance. It has no vachetta so you can carry it in rain or shine. It also looks nice casual or formal. I find the damier print so versatile and classy.

You won't go wrong with either one. Damier is classic and low maintenance. Idylle speedy 30 comes with a strap and can be used 3 ways (so functional!). I have a damier speedy 35. I'm also going to buy an idylle speedy 30 because I love that it comes with a strap (just not sure which color to choose yet..).

Good luck with your decision!

For the Idylle, I felt it and it is treated fabric but not as water proof as the damier one that has an extra coating, so I would worry that it is harder to keep clean but I do like the 'pinkish' colored one a lot.

For the Damier canvas speedy 30, I just got one today in azur but got a strap for it..the additional strap is $225 or so. You may want to try it in the store and see how you like them. I believe the Idylle strap is a bit shorter too. Good luck!

This is a tough choice cause both of the bags are lovely. I love LV speedy's and Balenciaga's. Balenciaga bags are beautiful due to the large asortment of colors and the leather is yummy. However, when it comes to class, I must choose the speedy hands down. It doesn't matter of the type of canvas, when ever I see one, I just fall in love with the speedy over and over again. So I guess my choice would be a speedy.