My first LV...any suggestions?

Bear in mind this is just my opinion...but my very first LV was the mono speedy 30...she's now 15 years old, but still in pristine condition...could easily sell her, but would never, ever part w/her!! It's indeed a true, timeless classic..and in my opinion a great one to start with!! It's so durable, holds soooo much stuff...I love her just as much today as I did the first day I brought her home!!!

Let us know what you decide!!! And congrats in advance on your first LV!!!
THanks! Just the kind of thing that's nice to hear!

You can't go wrong with the monogram canvas, and the speedy is a classic. Go for it! I hereby give you permission to "just use" your bag and enjoy it without obsessing about taking perfect care of it. :P Louis Vuitton bags are made exquisitely well and will last for years. I take good care of my bags but don't baby them at all, and they still look almost new.

I completely agree. The mono speedy 30 is a great choice and you will love it!! I have a 25 and now wish I had a 30...

As far as caring for your LV goes, yes, just enjoy! I carry mine with short and a t-shirt or when I'm dressed up at work. I love how it goes with everything. No, I'm not going to drag it through the mud or leave it sitting out in the rain, but over time it will show a little wear and tear and I wouldn't obsess over that. I just keep mine in its dustbag when not in use and stuffed to try to keep its shape and that's it!

Welcome and enjoy tPF! :wlae:

You can't go wrong with the monogram canvas, and the speedy is a classic. Go for it! I hereby give you permission to "just use" your bag and enjoy it without obsessing about taking perfect care of it. :P Louis Vuitton bags are made exquisitely well and will last for years. I take good care of my bags but don't baby them at all, and they still look almost new.
thanks!!

Girl it's OKAY!!!! Like I said, my first LV I carried allll the time, everywhere, for everything until my second LV purchase and that was several years between as I too had to save up for it/them....they are durable, meant to be used, loved and worn.