My first Hermes - 40cm Clemence Birkin in Rouge H

BLL, Now that you have a 40cm, if you get a second one, would you get a 40cm again or a 35cm. I too am tall, 5'11". I have a 40cm and love it, But am looking to get a second bag and can't decide to get 40 or 35cm. I feel like the 35cm is so small looking, but it is nice and light, and that 40cm can get heavy. I can not decide what to do. 35cm just look small. Is it stupid to have 2 big bags. One friend says you can never go wrong with big. Another says it looks a suit case. But she is not tall.

I wouldn't get another. I do like the 40 as it is a great size for lugging a lot of paperwork and things when you need that space. I have taken it on train trips to NYC, used it as a work bag, used it for lugging around wedding planning notebooks, at legal conferences, days while running lots of errands, etc. The main reason that I would not get a 2nd one is because I'd like my next to be a 35 that I could use for more social settings. The 40 is too big for socializing really. I've also been seeing these threads on the 35 and 40 Kellys that has me intrigued as well. I have a 32 Kelly now but I am thinking it is smaller than I'd like for my stature. All that said I do love my 40cm for the purposes it serves and plan to have her forever and ever! I wish there was a 37....that just might be perfect!

It's so beautiful! Congraduations! Now I want one in that color too. From the pictures I see two different shade. Is it because of the lighting? Just wondering the Rouge H is like a Red wine color or brighter? Anyone can answer this question?

old thread I know...

now that I have handled some clemence leather old and new...I find clemence to be much softer and smoother than this bag

I'm starting to think it might be togo.

I've had this bag for how many years now and still trying to figure out the leather lol

But interestingly, your *does* have long "veining" (not sure of the term?) - which the fjord also has. I did read on some tPF fjord threads that at least some fjord skins are described as having a SMALLER grain than, e.g., togo. So maybe there is great variation in fjord?? Maybe newer fjord skins have larger grains?

Togo can certainly have the veins. Does clemence have "veining" too? I know clemence skins have definitely changed in the last few years, so perhaps an older clemence is stiffer (off to search ebay for photos...).

Rouge H is an Hermès colour that is frequently imitated but never EVER replicated !!!
I have a TGM Black Evelyn and a GM Taupe Evelyn... I am heading to Paris next week and I am trying to hunt down a GM Rouge H Evelyn in Clemence or a Bleu Prussian Evelyn...
I know... I know... Love to have a Birkin... BUT I don't think it looks good on a GUY LOL

Haven't check out this thread and saw the title, it already makes me want to see more abt Rouge H which is my HG birkin color. I hope to find one in future.

U are looking gorgeous with her, congrats again even though is a little late!!~