My first BV!!!

It’s a really wonderful bag. As other have noted, the simplicity combined with the unexpected weave and color makes for a really special and versatile tote. You may have read some of the ranting about BVs recent designs. Glad to see the men’s line is sticking to all that makes BV really wonderful.
Thank you very much!

I haven't read the rants yet as I just started visiting the BV forum more regularly since my bag purchase, but which designs are people ranting about? I hope the Piazza is not one of them because that is one gorgeous bag in my opinion.

Reactions: wisconsin
It’s a really wonderful bag. As other have noted, the simplicity combined with the unexpected weave and color makes for a really special and versatile tote. You may have read some of the ranting about BVs recent designs. Glad to see the men’s line is sticking to all that makes BV really wonderful.
Oh never mind. I think I found the rant:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/tomas-maier-leaving-bv.989609/page-4#post-32393731

I agree that these designs are a bit different. I don't like the "tassels" coming out of the Intrecciato.

Congrats and welcome to the espadrilles world! :tup:
i haven't bought any other brand footwear since i got my BV flats, 3 pairs of dodgers, 3 pairs of espadrilles and one pair of open-toe slides, i literally live in them! :nuts:
ETA: my DH loves his espardilles so much, that he starts builing the look from them and then picks the clothes to go well with them, and not the other way around! :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20180706_0911308.jpg
    IMG_20180706_0911308.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
i haven't bought any other brand footwear since i got my BV flats, 3 pairs of dodgers, 3 pairs of espadrilles and one pair of open-toe slides, i literally live in them! :nuts:
ETA: my DH loves his espardilles so much, that he starts builing the look from them and then picks the clothes to go well with them, and not the other way around! :lol:

What a good sport your husband is to let you use him as a model! Did you have to talk him into it or was he relaxed about the idea? I guess he wasn’t surprised, considering how you’ve been amassing your BV collection.....

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
What a good sport your husband is to let you use him as a model! Did you have to talk him into it or was he relaxed about the idea? I guess he wasn’t surprised, considering how you’ve been amassing your BV collection.....
He had no idea this snap would be posted here :lol:
this was a week ago when we were arguing about colour of espadrilles to wear, he started with light blue and picked the blue top, and intended to wear light grey linen pants, which i rejected, and insisted on wearing dark navy slim jeans instead, and navy blue espadrilles, during debates i suggested to take pics and see from aside, by acquired habit i took snaps WITHOUT face :facepalm:
and he eventually agreed with dark bottom, but i forgot to delete pics :biggrin:

He had no idea this snap would be posted here :lol:
this was a week ago when we were arguing about colour of espadrilles to wear, he started with light blue and picked the blue top, and intended to wear light grey linen pants, which i rejected, and insisted on wearing dark navy slim jeans instead, and navy blue espadrilles, during debates i suggested to take pics and see from aside, by acquired habit i took snaps WITHOUT face :facepalm:
and he eventually agreed with dark bottom, but i forgot to delete pics :biggrin:
I suspect he’s not a lurker on tpf, so he’ll probabky never know! :tup:

I wanted espadrilles for a while now, but didn't find any that really appealed to me, until now. I'm glad to get the BV ones as my first. I like wearing shoes without socks in the summer, but I find that a lot of shoes (and sandals) end up cutting my feet because the leather is stiff and rubs harshly against certain areas of the top or side of my foot. I end up having to wear socks with a lot of my summer shoes to prevent this.

When I put the BV espadrilles on, I was so impressed by how soft the leather was, and it didn't feel like it would cut my foot eventually after a few hours of use. The fact that the whole shoe was black as opposed to having a tan-coloured rope bottom made it quite unique, and it goes with a lot of my all-black outfits and black bags.

I actually like both looks on your husband. The lighter colour espadrille matches the shirt well, and the dark navy matches the pants.

Fabulous bag! I was actually in Toronto at the time you first started this thread. How did I miss you?

Thanks! You may actually have seen me, especially if you shopped at the sales. I go frequently during sale season to check out the options.

I wanted espadrilles for a while now, but didn't find any that really appealed to me, until now. I'm glad to get the BV ones as my first. I like wearing shoes without socks in the summer, but I find that a lot of shoes (and sandals) end up cutting my feet because the leather is stiff and rubs harshly against certain areas of the top or side of my foot. I end up having to wear socks with a lot of my summer shoes to prevent this.

When I put the BV espadrilles on, I was so impressed by how soft the leather was, and it didn't feel like it would cut my foot eventually after a few hours of use. The fact that the whole shoe was black as opposed to having a tan-coloured rope bottom made it quite unique, and it goes with a lot of my all-black outfits and black bags.

I actually like both looks on your husband. The lighter colour espadrille matches the shirt well, and the dark navy matches the pants.
yes, that's about BV - shoes for comfort! they literally wear like socks! :hbeat:
actually that's why we argued, i think dark on dark looks better, it elongates the look/legs, makes the bottom more balanced. Imho :angel:

I got my first ever BV, and I have to say that I am completely blown away by the quality, everything from the craftsmanship to the leather. No wonder @J.T. was talking about how good BV is on the Fendi Fellas thread.

I absolutely adore the simple shape of this men's tote, but with the colours on the side in the Intrecciato :heart:. I also love how the top can be closed by using the snap closures on the side.
View attachment 4129260 View attachment 4129261 View attachment 4129262 View attachment 4129263 View attachment 4129264 View attachment 4129265 View attachment 4129266 View attachment 4129267

I was so looking forward to this reveal.

It is Absolutely STUNNING my friend! Such a beautiful piece!

And as many here have said before:
once you get hooked on BV it’s a slippery slope... :smile: