My Fairy is Running! I want my $ back!!

Man....I don't know what to do....the second day I used the bag my 3 yr old son splashed it (lightly)with juice and it ran. The spot is small, and it was my fault, but the ink DID run(it looks exactly like Luv's). I lOVE the bag, but don't want to deal with a huge issue in a month from now and be given a hard time whenI demand a refund. I was probably one of the first 10 people this bag was sold to in NY and WAS NEVER told anything about the bag being delicate or running. This sucks!!!! Guess I will discuss it with my hubby and see what he thinks.....It is just such a unique, beautiful bag....don't believe I will have to let her go....

I think I'm going to e-mail customer service (addy is on the Prada website). Like Tanya, I was one of the first to get the bag. If there are production problems with earlier versions, I want to find out if they will exchange for a properly sealed/treated bag. Why should people who were first in line get inferior products?

Man....I don't know what to do....the second day I used the bag my 3 yr old son splashed it (lightly)with juice and it ran. The spot is small, and it was my fault, but the ink DID run(it looks exactly like Luv's). I lOVE the bag, but don't want to deal with a huge issue in a month from now and be given a hard time whenI demand a refund. I was probably one of the first 10 people this bag was sold to in NY and WAS NEVER told anything about the bag being delicate or running. This sucks!!!! Guess I will discuss it with my hubby and see what he thinks.....It is just such a unique, beautiful bag....don't believe I will have to let her go....

If it had been properly sealed maybe it wouldn't have run?:shrugs:

Just wondering - Do you get a care card when you buy these bags?

It just seems ridiculous to have a bag that you can not use as it is "too delicate" .

My point exactly! Thanks Jill! Your right, its sad but some people will get there money back and some won't.

I didn't buy a bag...but if I had, I would print out all of this information, and I would return it to the Prada boutique where I purchased it. I know what you were told, Jill, but that's not right - if they are aware of a problem, and some boutiques are refunding, I don't care what the customers were told, they should get their money back!

This is not a fly-by-night organization, and we aren't talking about a $20 item. If ANYONE has a problem with this (or has the bag and hasn't yet had a problem), I'd take the bag back NOW!

Here is the text of the e-mail that I just sent to Prada (personal info omitted). I used some legal language and identified myself as a licensed attorney. I'll let you know how they respond. (Luv2Live, I hope you don't mind that I attached the photo of your bag.)

Hello,

Thanks to the information provided below, my sales associate at the Prada Boutique located at 724 5th Avenue in NYC contacted me when the first shipment of these bags arrived. I made my purchase on January 18th (customer number __________).

On February 20 at the same boutique, I purchased my first piece of Ready-to-Wear – a runway dress with the iconic fairy print. While in the process of making my purchase, the sales associate who was working with me commented that the dye used in the first batches of fairy bags would run if exposed to rain or moisture and that later batches were going to be treated to prevent this from occurring. I felt some unease about my purchase and after a visit to Manhasset where I was given the same information.

While I would never take a limited edition handbag out in a torrential downpour, the bag could easily be exposed to drips in the NYC subway system or other liquids or moisture as part of ordinary, foreseeable use of this product. The care card included with the bag does not state that the dye could run. However, a friend of mine with who also owns the bag took hers out in a mist and the dye on the bag ran. I have attached for your reference the photograph that she took.

The remedy that I am asking Prada to reasonably provide is to allow me to exchange my early production fairy bag for one of the newer, properly sealed bags. I do not feel I should be penalized for being an early purchaser by being stuck with a product that Prada knows does not meet its stringent quality standards.

I would appreciate a prompt response within 5 business days to this e-mail. I can be reached at this e-mail address, by telephone (work: _____________or by mail at: ____________.

Very truly yours,

_______________, Esq.
NYS Attorney Id. No. ______________

So, I guess I am going to take a ride in to the city this weekend to take back my fairy. I am afraid if I don't just do it and get it over with I will never have the chance. I am due in 6wks and know if there is an issue I won't have the chance to return it for a while.....I am so sad, she is such a beauty.....will keep u all posted.....
BTW.....if u are at the broadway prada this weekend and see a big screaming Italian, a little screaming blonde, and a cute confused little boy, that'll be me!

Great letter restricter, can't wait to hear the response. Hope that the pictures help!

tanya t, I think that you are making the right choice. Especially with a new baby on the way - it might be too hard to get to the store. Have them call you when the new bags arrive. My dh wants to go to the City this weekend too - he wanted to bring it back himself, but I couldn't wait. I am trying to convince him to to take a balenciaga trip instead!:smile: