My DREAM bag about to go up on eBay, Rouge 03' city.

^ lol I love you girl, you crack me up!

just to establish in this post, the tags are definitely not inconsistent with letters:
D - f/w '03, C - s/s '04, B - f/w '04, A - s/s '05, Z - f/w '05, Y - s/s '06 :smile:

Maybe they thought X would be bad luck? I dunno, I expected it to go to X but they just skipped over it. Or maybe (dum dum dum!) it's to throw off the fakers! :ninja: (I wonder if any of them guessed wrong and made bags with an X tag??)

LouiseyPeasey said:
Maybe they thought X would be bad luck? I dunno, I expected it to go to X but they just skipped over it. Or maybe (dum dum dum!) it's to throw off the fakers! :ninja: (I wonder if any of them guessed wrong and made bags with an X tag??)

A-ha!!! I'm going keep an eye for any "X" bags now! That would be sooo funny if we see them pop up. lol.

^^ I was emailed by BalNY that there wasn't an 04' red.
BUT BUT BUT
The seller of this bag tells me she knows of 2 such bags bought in store with the same "C" on the tag.

This is still an inexplicable mystery. There are 2 colors of red, and there are 2 tags - D and C. D is the "appropriate" code for a fall 03 bag. The "crayon" colors (red, blue, yellow) were released together in fall 03. The C season (spring 04) had the orange, seafoam, grey - I haven't encountered anyone who remembers there being a red available among those colors. The red bags with a C tag come with cards that say 2003 3 - which is the correct season for the red, but doesn't match the C. The orange, grey, etc. bags with the C tag have cards that say 2004 1. And yet, these bags look and feel authentic, and people have reported purchasing them at BarneysNY, BalNY, Bal Milan.

So I don't have an explanation. I think this is somewhere around the time that Bal switched its factory, so possibly this has something to do with that. Mimi & I and a couple of others have been trying all kinds of ways to find out the exact story, and we're still trying - for now, it's all speculation. I don't understand how a red bag with a C tag can be authentic, but I can't really understand how it can be fake, either.

I'm not saying anything about the emerald. I've been told by someone I trust that there were fake Italian-made "emeralds" with C tags - they were intended to be copies of the seafoam, but the color was too dark, so they became known as "emerald". The original emerald was a season before the red - spring 03 - so the idea of an extended run doesn't work. And the C "emeralds" had some other characteristics that made them different from the originals - shorter strap length, for example.