My dog Mushu was attacked by raccoons...

UPDATE:

Mushu went to the vet and he is perfectly healthy except he has really dry skin that causes him to lose his hair.

As for the raccoons, I haven't noticed any raccoons recently! Mushu hasn't been barking at night! I'm really happy about that! So far, so good :smile: yay!

Yay! So glad to hear Mushu is healthy!! And it sounds like the raccoons might have relocated as well. Good news kuriso :smile:

We have alot of raccoons around here, once we had a big mama and 4 babies. They freak out and run when we barely crack the door. Once our dog went out and they scattered, two babies up a tree and three ran off. I never saw them reunite. I'm glad they're not aggressive around here and don't show themselves much. Between the eagles, owls, otters, and coyotes, we don't need more predators to potentially threaten our pets.

Last edited:
I did not realize how large they can get until we vacationed in the mountains and one came right up on the porch...my cats were all puffed up which is what drew our attention to the glass door!
I can see why Mushu is so frightened...I can't imagine having that many just roaming around outside your home.

I did not realize how large they can get until we vacationed in the mountains and one came right up on the porch...my cats were all puffed up which is what drew our attention to the glass door!
I can see why Mushu is so frightened...I can't imagine having that many just roaming around outside your home.

Oh yeah! Some raccoons are very large! I think what really helped me was pulling the garbage cans into the garage instead of leaving them outside in the backyard. It really relocated the raccoons. I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't think it made that much of a difference especially considering our garbage cans are closed at all times.

Mushu is not as frightened as he used to be. He and I still go to the backyard together. Back then, before the raccoons came, he would just venture to the backyard whenever he wanted to. He still has some hesitation but is doing much better. He's happily rolling around on the grass and smelling the orchids during the daytime. The weather has been really nice here in Burlingame. I'm so happy to see that he's happy.