My Creation - Special Orders

Badbaghabit

May 10, 2014
My SA told me about a service LV offers where you can make ANY bag ANY way you want. She even said that you can order retired bags if you missed the boat. I find this too good to be true. Does anyone know the process? I'd love to learn more about this.

I have seen beautiful vintage LV bags embellished with all the beautiful western fringe and turquoise you an imagine in Cowboys & Indians magazine. So tempted! I am not aware of any company that would make something special, though.....

I'm not sure I believe your SA no offense. There used to be a service known as "Haute Maroquinerie"" where VIP customers were invited to create a custom bag. However only certain bags were included. They were not regular line bags. There is a club for those bags. I noticed that the last post was in 2017 so it makes me wonder if it still exists. I know that I personally tried to get a Speedy with black leather like the one offered in the World Tour customization without a stamp. You would have thought that would have been very easy. Nope. Wouldn't do it. This was back when I had several bags bought back that were deemed defective. That's why I doubt the SA' information. If anyone knows differently I would love to hear that.

They will make you anything you want, any size you want, old or new designs and even modify a current design to your liking. Say, as I was inquiring about the other day, you wanted a Capucine wallet in alligator or croc, closer to the size of a Constance long wallet, and with a back pocket, they will make that for you. You can pick the lining, the skin, whatever. It takes about 8 months, and it costs at least 30% over retail, sometimes 50% over. Yes, LV does bespoke in the truest sense.

They will make you anything you want, any size you want, old or new designs and even modify a current design to your liking. Say, as I was inquiring about the other day, you wanted a Capucine wallet in alligator or croc, closer to the size of a Constance long wallet, and with a back pocket, they will make that for you. You can pick the lining, the skin, whatever. It takes about 8 months, and it costs at least 30% over retail, sometimes 50% over. Yes, LV does bespoke in the truest sense.
Really? So if I was looking to get the ebene pochette in new model they'd make me one and charge me $1k? Or a multicolor speedy?

Really? So if I was looking to get the ebene pochette in new model they'd make me one and charge me $1k? Or a multicolor speedy?
Sorry if I wasn't specific. They won't do for a cheap order or canvas. They will do with the higher end leather items (for instance, they will do a Pochette Metis in any color empreinte leather with any color interior leather, but it will run about $6500). It's a service they offer to VIC.

Actually LV DID do special orders back in the day. I see these bags pop up randomly on the pre-loved market. For example a DE Montsouris GM was a special order and a mini HL speedy in DE. They don't offer this service anymore. I've also seen the Toiletry Pouch 15 and 26 in DE. I'm not sure if those were SO or just discontinued.

I remember reading that they’ve limited special order to hard sided items - if I have to guess from somewhere on this forum! I would not be surprised that if you are VIC enough you can make things happen though :smile:

I remember reading that they’ve limited special order to hard sided items - if I have to guess from somewhere on this forum! I would not be surprised that if you are VIC enough you can make things happen though :smile:
They are (IMO) one of the most service oriented companies out there. One of the reasons I've stuck with them at this level for this long is because of their customer service and truly personal relationships with their clients. It's quite stunning as compared to other houses.

They do. I am in the process of placing a SO right now.

Knowing your taste (just from the little pieces I’ve ran across here on tPF) I’m sure it will be quite amazing. If you don’t mind, will patiently look forward to you sharing the process and final result when it’s all done :biggrin:
Do they give you a quote first? Do you get a rough estimate on how long it takes?