My Chanel bag is broken :( - PLEASE help !!

Indiarobyn

May 16, 2010
I have had my PST, Just over 2 months and today a little gold screw has come out of the part that connects the strap to the bag and i am devistated :sad:, I purchased my bag in Florida but i live in the U.K please can someone help me

If i was to get it repaired how much would it cost ? I am guessing that i can't take the bag back to a London store because i purchased it in Florida ?

Please help me !!

No cost. Within the one year period, from the date of purchase you are covered by the warranty. Bring the original receipt to a Chanel boutique nearest you, even if you bought it outside of the UK, it shouldn't be a problem.

Dang 2 only months old. Better have an exchange rather than a repair. GL!

I have the exact same problem with my vintage. I refuse to get it fixed in the US.
But a friend of mine fixed it. Seems that the gold screw goes in another gold screw thats IN the bag. I dont know if you understand what I'm saying.

Don't panic :hugs:

What you describe actually sounds quite a simple job and you have only had the bag for a couple of months.

I have bought Chanel abroad and taken it in a London store (and vice versa) there was no problem. It would be best if you could take it in to an SA you know already.

I recommend the store at Brompton X (278 - 280 Brompton Road, SW3 2AS) as it isn't quite as crazy as Chanel Bond St, Harrods and others.

Thank's so much everybody ! - I am just a little shocked that my bag wasnt screwed tight enough i took it to a little shop today and he said quite a few screws were loose ... So if i take it to a store in London is it repair or exchange ?

One more question would they be able to fix it while i was there ? as i will not be able to wait days, because it's a short trip

I'm so sorry to hear about your bag, that really shouldn't happen to a 2 months old bag :sad:.
I don't know if they can fix it while you're there, best thing to do is bring it to the boutique and ask.
Good luck :flowers:!

1. They will probably offer repair and you will have to push for an exchange.

2. If they can't do the repairs while you wait, go early and leave the bag with them and arrange to pick it up later. If they can't they can't but I would be surprised.

Go in confident, pleasant but firm and think about what you want or need before you go in. Keep in your mind a new Chanel bag should not need to come in for a repair after only 2 months, how ever many times you've worn it. And of course, take the original receipt along.

Thats the thing i paid $1,700 for it and i was thinking to myself maybe i have worn it to much but then for that price i expect to wear it when i want!. If they offer an exchange i am not sure if i should pay extra for a different bag ?, But that is probably going to make it complicated .... ahhh Chanel why make me so sad :sad: x

HELPPP!! I have the pale pink Chanel woc in caviar leather. I got a spot on it (right underneath the soft C’s) and need it cleaned, possibly redyed. (I live in NYC) I tried to have the spot treated at a local spot and now I think it looks faded. Any advice? I’m looking into a bunch of places including LMB, Artbag in NYC, and the Chanel boutiques. Does anyone know which is better? I’m afraid getting it redyed will ruin it even more… Please hellppp!

The screw on my PST fell out too. I bought mine in the US and got it fixed in China (Chanel store). It took 2 weeks and cost me 100rmb which is about $12.

You don't have to have it done in London. You can take it to a Chanel near you. If you don't have one near you and you have to have it done in London, explain that to them. If they can't fix it right then, have them send it back to you when repaired. I know it sucks but stay calm. It should be an easy fix.