My "blocked" buyer was able to purchase from me :(

IBleedOrange said:
I think if it were ever to happen again (heaven forbid it happens again), you can call eBay and report the buyer for circumventing a block.

I agree with this.

Also if the buyer chooses to leave you negative feedback in a week, be sure to tell eBay about her using another account as she was blocked and they should remove it.

op you did the right thing to follow your gut feeling an block her. If someone carries on prior to buying I don't want to deal with them either.

Hopefully this is the end of it though.

I agree with this.

Also if the buyer chooses to leave you negative feedback in a week, be sure to tell eBay about her using another account as she was blocked and they should remove it.

op you did the right thing to follow your gut feeling an block her. If someone carries on prior to buying I don't want to deal with them either.

Hopefully this is the end of it though.

Thanks OP..She is still leaving me weird messages even after the auction and case have been closed. She also has another ebay ID which she is using since i blocked the others.

Per the OP she circumvented the block by opening another eBay user ID in order to BIN

Yes I know, but if her address is in Malaysia and the OP doesn't have her auctions set up to block international bidders by using another ID she was still able to bid. That was kind of my point. :wondering

Glad it's all over. If you don't feel comfortable with the transaction, you may always cancel the transaction and get your final fee back from ebay as long as you refund.

Thanks ladies! I'm glad its over I just wonder how long she will message me. It appears she keeps opening new accounts. I was not aware I could block International buyers. I do have the box checked in my auctions. She went around this by having other accounts with US addresses.
I knew right away this was going to go bad. I just had a bad feeling. I'm just glad I listened to my gut and didn't ship. The new address in Portland was Unconfirmed as well. :O

Unconfirmed is OK, as long as you ship to the address listed in the Paypal payment confirmation and it says Seller Protection status is "eligible," you are protected.

I don't blame you at all for not dealing with this buyer (she does sound like trouble!), but in general unconfirmed is OK.

Yes I know, but if her address is in Malaysia and the OP doesn't have her auctions set up to block international bidders by using another ID she was still able to bid. That was kind of my point. :wondering

Oh, I had the impression that she did have her auctions set to no international shipping and the new user ID must have been set up with a US address to get around that.

Oh, I had the impression that she did have her auctions set to no international shipping and the new user ID must have been set up with a US address to get around that.

I did have my auction set up for no international bidders. I also informed her of this a few times. That is when she purchased using a US address.

Although she has changed her user name today she shows as registered in the US, so any blocks for international buyers would not work.
If she is using a parcel forwarding service as her address, confirmed or not, isn't she the one taking the risk? Doesn't having a package forwarded void buyer protection?

Although she has changed her user name today she shows as registered in the US, so any blocks for international buyers would not work.
If she is using a parcel forwarding service as her address, confirmed or not, isn't she the one taking the risk? Doesn't having a package forwarded void buyer protection?

Maybe so but i was still not willing to sell an expensive bag to her. With no Signature confirmation I would have been in a bad situation if anything went wrong or it got lost. I was not aware there was a "middle man" for over seas buyers. Still....I feel like I did the right thing for me. She knew I was not comfortable with that and she still purchased anyway.

Last edited: