My Black Tote Hunt Ended With Saffiano Cuir Double Bag

image.jpeg UPDATE: I went back to the Prada Boutique I got the bag from 2 years ago. At the time we purchased the bag, the sales associate told me it was a medium. She apparently gave me the wrong information. The measurements were accurate but saying it was "medium" instead of large was not correct. The male sales associate I spoke with the other day said my bag is large. He placed a medium sized bag and a large bag side by side on the counter to show me the difference. I have the same size bag as the one on the right. See pic.

I don't regret that I got the large because it's great especially for business, as I can easily fit folders in it.

However, I wish I also had a medium one too...for the days I don't feel like carrying all that bag I could have the luxury of switching it up.

View attachment 3404170 UPDATE: I went back to the Prada Boutique I got the bag from 2 years ago. At the time we purchased the bag, the sales associate told me it was a medium. She apparently gave me the wrong information. The measurements were accurate but saying it was "medium" instead of large was not correct. The male sales associate I spoke with the other day said my bag is large. He placed a medium sized bag and a large bag side by side on the counter to show me the difference. I have the same size bag as the one on the right. See pic.

I don't regret that I got the large because it's great especially for business, as I can easily fit folders in it.

However, I wish I also had a medium one too...for the days I don't feel like carrying all that bag I could have the luxury of switching it up.

I knew it, i have both medium and large and was sure that your bag was large.
I have both sizes and love them both :smile:

Last edited:
:flowers::flowers::flowers:
I knew it, i have both medium and large and was sure that your bag was large.
I have both sizes and love them both :smile:
You were absolutely right! :flowers:

From looking at it I felt like my bag was large because it looks big compared to the other sizes. I just can't get over that sales associate that told me it was medium and the larges don't come with a detachable strap. Anyway I'm glad I got to the bottom of it and I was able to update the thread with this info.

Even though I wish I had a medium size too, the large seems practical for interviews and business meetings.

Question: Can you fit standard size folders (9" x 12") in the medium size bag? I asked the sales associate the other day and he said no.

Loving this chat and have a few questions.
I've been lusting over the double bag since it came out and always loved the black and navy ones with red interior but I went in the other day and noticed the London Bond Street store has a black double bag with an interior which online is described as lily of the valley white but IRL looks more pinky. Has anyone got this bag and if so how do you find it? I adore the idea and have fallen in love with it but I'm not so sure if it suits me as a person. Also crushing on the Baltic and astral blue one, I think the contrasting colour's are so stylish. On that note has anyone got the marble/caramel double bag with the different coloured straps?

Loving this chat and have a few questions.
I've been lusting over the double bag since it came out and always loved the black and navy ones with red interior but I went in the other day and noticed the London Bond Street store has a black double bag with an interior which online is described as lily of the valley white but IRL looks more pinky. Has anyone got this bag and if so how do you find it? I adore the idea and have fallen in love with it but I'm not so sure if it suits me as a person. Also crushing on the Baltic and astral blue one, I think the contrasting colour's are so stylish. On that note has anyone got the marble/caramel double bag with the different coloured straps?

OMG! The black with lily of the valley white (in medium) is the one I currently have my eye on. It's georgeous! Despite white in the name, the interior looks like a pretty blush color. :heart::heart:

The baltic blue + astral is also a beautiful bag! Loving that contrast. I wish it would somehow fall from the sky and land in my collection in the medium size. :heart::heart:

Which one do you think you're going to get and in what size?

:flowers::flowers::flowers:
You were absolutely right! :flowers:

From looking at it I felt like my bag was large because it looks big compared to the other sizes. I just can't get over that sales associate that told me it was medium and the larges don't come with a detachable strap. Anyway I'm glad I got to the bottom of it and I was able to update the thread with this info.

Even though I wish I had a medium size too, the large seems practical for interviews and business meetings.

Question: Can you fit standard size folders (9" x 12") in the medium size bag? I asked the sales associate the other day and he said no.

This is folder for A4 paper
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1468342594.337331.jpg

OMG! The black with lily of the valley white (in medium) is the one I currently have my eye on. It's georgeous! Despite white in the name, the interior looks like a pretty blush color. :heart::heart:

The baltic blue + astral is also a beautiful bag! Loving that contrast. I wish it would somehow fall from the sky and land in my collection in the medium size. :heart::heart:

Which one do you think you're going to get and in what size?

I really want to get them all but I think my collection will have to slowly grow instead The black and lily of the valley seems the most likely right now, I just love the slightly pink interior and the black seems perfect for my lifestyle.

I'm not sure about sizing though, I'm still a student and the temptation is to get the larger size so that I can use it on a day to day basis but I also don't want to ruin the bag by lugging around heavy books every day. I think I'm going to have another look at trying each bag out for size in store. Last time I went, they didn't have the large size so I'll see whenever I manage to find the time to pop in.
For those who have both or even the large, how does it work for you? I'm 5 foot 6 for reference.

I really want to get them all but I think my collection will have to slowly grow instead The black and lily of the valley seems the most likely right now, I just love the slightly pink interior and the black seems perfect for my lifestyle.

I'm not sure about sizing though, I'm still a student and the temptation is to get the larger size so that I can use it on a day to day basis but I also don't want to ruin the bag by lugging around heavy books every day. I think I'm going to have another look at trying each bag out for size in store. Last time I went, they didn't have the large size so I'll see whenever I manage to find the time to pop in.
For those who have both or even the large, how does it work for you? I'm 5 foot 6 for reference.

I have the large size. I'm 5'6" as well. When I first got the bag 2 years ago, I thought I was going to use it as an every day. Due to its size and the fact that I don't use the detachable strap, the large can get quite heavy carrying it around all day. Well at least with the items I put in there. I normally carry it on arm above wrist. When it gets heavy I will switch arms or carry in my hand to give myself a break. With that being said I'm still glad I have the large because as I've mentioned before in the thread, it's great for business. I can put folders, magazines and large notebooks in it horizontally. That's the benefit. I would not use it to carry heavy books though. In my opinion this bag is not made to carry heavy books. I'm not saying it can't but I think that would be too much wear and tear and also make the bag really heavy.

I hope this helps. Maybe someone else will chime in so you can get more than one opinion.

As far as color, I love the black with lily of the valley white. I would just have to be super careful not to mess up that beautiful light colored interior (pen marks or whatever). Other than that it's beautiful. I would love to get that one in medium but don't know about that since I already have a black on black. I'm still contemplating. I'll continue to keep my eye on the mediums. At one point I wanted the pumice color. I'm not rushing into it since I'm not sure. There are several to choose from now.

The black is a nice polished classic and the lily of the valley white will add a lovely pop.

When deciding on color consider your wardrobe and what would work best.