My $25 Bottega, and its journey to regain its beauty!!

Annie...I agree!^^^ I didn't have anything to lose....so it was worth a try. Not sure I would do this myself with a bag that I had paid big $$$ for.

Ladies...if you have any ideas or know places for the purse charms that are cute, could you please let me know....I don't have much knowledge in this!

annemerrick, you are so brave and crafty.
I love your revamped BV.
I want to dye my off white BV so bad after I saw what you did.
But I don't think I am brave enough to try it.
I might try to find a leather shop to do it for me instead.

Oh...no studs please.
I love it the way it is.
What kind of charms do you have in mind though?
You could get the brass chain necklace and hang it around the straps as well.
That could be interesting too.

annemerrick

i hv followed your shopping thread and i must say this could be your best deal ever LOL! i wished there were thrift shops where i live!!!

also it's amazing what u did with this bag! great job!! love it! no studs is better than studs IMO.

^^^I am thinking of making one myself, with some different type silver chains...thin, thick, flat, etc....and hang from strap to strap across the front!

Yes Yes that would be cool. I am thinking of LV chain.
Hanging from side to side would give it a more luxury look while I think hanging from one side would give it a more hype look.

Fun!

Superb job!!! I love the way that you brought new life to this vintage bag!!! - and I love the idea of chains and/or charms. Studs would pierce the leather, and it would be a forever alteration... this way you can enjoy the edginess while you are in the mood, and can remove them when you are in the mood for something more subtle.

These were taken a long time ago. SO I didn't save all of the before photos. The first photo shows how my black bag had faded to a kind of sickly green! Seriouly...it looked horrible!! It took me no time at all to fix it up as good as new!!!

Attachments

• all saints day 035.jpg
    all saints day 035.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 100
  • all saints day 038.jpg
    all saints day 038.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 84
  • all saints day.jpg
    all saints day.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 96