My $25 Bottega, and its journey to regain its beauty!!

Mar 8, 2006
Desperately Seeking Deals
I believe this is my first time to post in this section and I am thrilled to be ale to do so! I was at Buffalo Exchange today and as I was walking out the door, I spotted this bag hanging amidst all of the cheapie PVC bags. It looked out of place, and I could tell that it was certainly not on the same level as its counterparts. It's haughty manner gve me pause, and I reached out to touch it. I was welcomed by the softest, most lush leather I might have ever encountered. I zeroed in to make further discoveries, and was thrilled when I saw the nameplate. But nothing could equal the thrill of the $25 pricetag. It needs some love, but I am perfectly prepared to bestow some time and Tarrago #18 on this beauty. Today, she will start her transformation from a dingy green BV to a beautiful, black with the possibility of some studs (will see how that goes later). I will take pics of her progress.....as she is dying to show off her new self!

Attachments

noddanard

Aug 20, 2007
Bangkok
I have an off white BV that I'm too afraid to carry.
I'd be great if I can have it dyed.
Will the color transfer though?

Mar 8, 2006
No...the color doesn't transfer. I have dyed my Bbag with the same thing....no problems. I am doing this in real time...so you are seeing it as it progresses. I have been wanting a crossbody ba for a while....and for $25, this can't be beat!! I may decide to ad some studs....to give it a ittle rock n' roll edge....but waiting to decide.

These pics are of the outside of the bag....now finished. Natural sunlight....

Also, she is lined in the softest leather!!

Attachments

mas2388

O.G.
May 17, 2006
I love it the way it is. Once the studs trend is gone, you might regret adding them!

Melissa71

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Illinois
Anne, it's beautiful! You did a wonderful job. Did the dye change the feel of the leather at all?

I agree with Mas, I'd leave the studs off. You can attach a pretty charm or leather tassel that can give it some edge, without being permanent. Maybe a charm that has some small chains incorporated into them.

Mar 8, 2006
Ooohhh....I like that idea!!^^^ Way less permanent!! The leather feel has changed for the minute. But in my experience with dying my bbags, as soon as I put some lotion on...it will soften right up!

Thanks Mas2388, Juda, Mintpearl, and Basicandorganic :smile: