My 1st bag in 3 years and I'm debating..HELP!!!!

Yes I edited my post because everyone seem to have the problem with me using the bag "few times" so I had to re-evaluated exactly how many times I used it and how long I carried it for. Like I said, I had no idea about the exchange/returning policy because I never return anything before. All I know is if you don't like the bag, you return it..according to my SA and she's the store manager. I figure she knows what she's talking about and I'm sure she does. And yes I had problem with used bag before. I bought it from Eluxury the MC Ursula and it was dirty, all scratched up. So I know what you're talking about.
No offense but i'm pretty sure the SA meant you can bring it back if you change your mind, if the bag is in new condition, There is no way a store manager would tell you to go ahead and wear the bag out, put a lil wear and tear into it then bring it back. They cannot Re-sell that bag. It's not fair someone else will get your used bag. You should have thought about this before you wore it out. it's too late now, But i am guessing even though we are all telling you not to return it, you are going to return it anyway. The strap will soften, and the bag looks gorgeous so I don't know why you would return it anyways.

Anjool said:
No offense but i'm pretty sure the SA meant you can bring it back if you change your mind, if the bag is in new condition, There is no way a store manager would tell you to go ahead and wear the bag out, put a lil wear and tear into it then bring it back. They cannot Re-sell that bag. It's not fair someone else will get your used bag. You should have thought about this before you wore it out. it's too late now, But i am guessing even though we are all telling you not to return it, you are going to return it anyway. The strap will soften, and the bag looks gorgeous so I don't know why you would return it anyways.

Agreed

Anjool said:

I was thinking the same thing about most of the people who ask about returning used -- that they probably do it anyways. It truly is a gorgeous bag though. OP should give it a chance.

We can only rely on the SA's judgement on whether its in acceptable condition to be returned or not, that's not something that we can question. However, are you saying that you've only used it today since you've bought the bag? In your previous post, you've said that you've used it a few times since you bought it Tuesday. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just pleading with those that return used bags. I have experienced (as well as others) buying a bag either in store or online just to discover that there are issues with it (I.e hair in the bag, scraped corners etc) that are likely due to it being returned by those who have used them. In turn, we are the ones that deal with the headache of exchanging for a "new" one because now the SA don't really know if it was like that already or not.

Add: I've noticed that you've edited your first post to say that you've only used it once when you originally said that you've been using it since you've bought it. That's dishonest. With that, I wish you good luck and thank you for sharing.
That is really scandalous! I noticed she edited too. I doubt the OP will come back now. And I agree with the other poster, she's probably going to return it anyway. :bagslap:

Louis Vuitton gives you 14 days if you change your mind and want to return it. There are bags that I see on occasion that do not look " fresh". So I don't purchase it. I ask my SA to contact me when a new bag comes in. So I do believe some people buy the bag try it out and if it doesn't suit them return it. That's why you need to inspect your bags carefully.

Louis Vuitton gives you 14 days if you change your mind and want to return it. There are bags that I see on occasion that do not look " fresh". So I don't purchase it. I ask my SA to contact me when a new bag comes in. So I do believe some people buy the bag try it out and if it doesn't suit them return it. That's why you need to inspect your bags carefully.

Exactly... inspect your bag and don't buy it if it looks used.

I'm not at all saying that I agree with returning a used bag, however, if the company allows it than it's not exactly right to demonize the person who does it. I used to work in retail and we regularly took things back that had been clearly used (I'm talking full on gross). If the item was soiled, we would damage it out, which meant we entered it into the system as a loss and sent it to be donated. Or, if it was really bad, it went in the trash. The point is, WE TOOK IT. Once in a while, we said no. Overall, the goal was customer service and rather than making someone angry and not having them return, it made more sense for the company to lose the cost of the item.

LV does give 14 days. If the SA inspects the item and makes the call to take it back, then the returner is within their rights, whether you agree with them or not. The problem does not exist in the return, it exists in the judgment of whoever inspects the bag and deems whether or not it's still worthy of sale. In this case, if the buyer really carried it one time for 30 minutes, there's a 99.9% chance that it still looks brand new and no one one would be any wiser if they bought it. If the item has ANY sign of wear, they should not put it back out.

I personally do not care if LV wants to take used items back. It's actually sort of a nice luxury to think that you can try something out and if you really hate it you won't be out potentially $1k+. HOWEVER, I do care if LV is selling me used goods. It is THEIR responsiblity not to resell used bags that they decided to take back. If they want to take things back at a loss to keep customers happy, that is their choice and a business decision. It is not the fault of the customer. It is the fault of the policy. Nothing is stopping them from saying, "This is used, we will not take it." But they're not.

tobefetching said:
Exactly... inspect your bag and don't buy it if it looks used.

I'm not at all saying that I agree with returning a used bag, however, if the company allows it than it's not exactly right to demonize the person who does it. I used to work in retail and we regularly took things back that had been clearly used (I'm talking full on gross). If the item was soiled, we would damage it out, which meant we entered it into the system as a loss and sent it to be donated. Or, if it was really bad, it went in the trash. The point is, WE TOOK IT. Once in a while, we said no. Overall, the goal was customer service and rather than making someone angry and not having them return, it made more sense for the company to lose the cost of the item.

LV does give 14 days. If the SA inspects the item and makes the call to take it back, then the returner is within their rights, whether you agree with them or not. The problem does not exist in the return, it exists in the judgment of whoever inspects the bag and deems whether or not it's still worthy of sale. In this case, if the buyer really carried it one time for 30 minutes, there's a 99.9% chance that it still looks brand new and no one one would be any wiser if they bought it. If the item has ANY sign of wear, they should not put it back out.

I personally do not care if LV wants to take used items back. It's actually sort of a nice luxury to think that you can try something out and if you really hate it you won't be out potentially $1k+. HOWEVER, I do care if LV is selling me used goods. It is THEIR responsiblity not to resell used bags that they decided to take back. If they want to take things back at a loss to keep customers happy, that is their choice and a business decision. It is not the fault of the customer. It is the fault of the policy. Nothing is stopping them from saying, "This is used, we will not take it." But they're not.

Amen!

I think everyone understands that lv policy says you may return your bag. what everyone is upset about is it should be your own judgement to know better than to return it, regardless of what the store says. I guess we all need to inspect our bags extra carefully. but i have heard of women getting bags in the mail from ordering online that looked 'used'.

I understand everyone is upset about whether or not you should know not to return a used bag.But what if the bag gives you problem and you're stuck with it so your only option is to sell it or keep it. Isn't that what the return/exchange policy for?

I think the issue here is that you took it out and used it. I am guessing the SA meant try it on at home, check it out in the mirror see how it feels. If you deemed it uncomfortable, you should have put it back in the box to be returned. Whether it was 5 minutes to the gas station or 45 minutes to a dealership, it was used. Did you try the bag on at the store? All the bags you mention in your first post have straps, how do you know those will bother you any less?

I don't think any one would knowingly purchase (in this case 1500 plus tax) for a handbag that was taken all about town. Unfortunately as we read this forum it does occur. So remember to scrutinize those bags carefully. Hopefully people readings these forums will understand that taking a new bag out and then having second thoughts about it and returning it, is selfish. I bought a Chanel woc a few weeks ago and was undecided about it because of the size. Everyday I took it out of the box carefully unwrapped it and tried it on. I did this countless times until I decided that it was just too small. I returned the bag like it was fragile cargo. What I found surprising was that the SA did not check the bag at all. She semi opened the box and then closed it. Well at least I knew that it was not used and returned in pristine condition for the next customer.