multileather chevron new medium boy vs. medium filigree

Thanks everyone for your feedback! Appreciate the thoughts. I wanted a new Chanel bag so badly that it hurts to think that both of these might not be the right one. As if there needed to be only "one." LOL

One will come along and you will know it is the bag for you! (You'll also be glad you waited)

I've had "the itch" to purchase and was going to settle on "something" just to satisfy the need for Chanel. I'm glad I waited because when the right bag came along I was happy to be able to purchase it, rather than spending my $$ on something that was "just ok"

You look so so beautiful! :smile:

Love your dress (what brand is it, if I may ask?). I feel like it's my type (covers arms and tummy but shows off legs haha).. and would love to have it too if at all possible..

Thank you! [emoji8][emoji8] have to thank my mama! For good genes :smile: the fact that she's a dermatologist helps!

So I live in New Delhi, India and its from a local boutique in Bombay called Madison on Peddar...love the style and the fabric...:smile: you can check out their Instagram Page...I wear a lot of their stuff...am on Instagram as arshyachhabra so take a look! :smile:

Thank you! [emoji8][emoji8] have to thank my mama! For good genes :smile: the fact that she's a dermatologist helps!

So I live in New Delhi, India and its from a local boutique in Bombay called Madison on Peddar...love the style and the fabric...:smile: you can check out their Instagram Page...I wear a lot of their stuff...am on Instagram as arshyachhabra so take a look! :smile:

Gee that's far from me haha. But I shall check out their instagram.. maybe they have a better photo of the dress that I can have my local seamstress copy hehe!

Thank you so much! And omg, I need to see a derma soon.. you reminded me! Ha!

Here's another photo borrowed from the net:

Fre9NqP.jpg

Just a suggestion!
I love the new vanity case bag! That's a beautiful suggestion. I think out of the two, I like the tri leather chevron boy the most. But, you must love the one you buy. If you're not fond of the caviar on the filigree, it should go. Never settle. The right bag is out there for you.

I am loving this Boy. I don't think its trendy at all. 3 different leathers (which I think add character) and that lovely GHW is just beautiful.

I had the same concerns when I purchased my first Boy. Now the Boy is one of my favorite styles!

But you do need to love it...or send it back. Good luck!

Thanks Gblb and Tulip2! I'm warming up more to the Boy bag, if I think of it as not an everyday bag. I still think it's breathtaking in person and the quality is there. And it's unique. I like the gold hardware--it makes it seem even more classy, to me. These things are important to me. I'll have to find something else for a bag to wear to these local business meetings or for daily use. If I keep it and fall in love with the style, another boy style (like the cross body with the handle) will be in my future as well.

Advice please--- I have some vintage chanel and over the last few years have moved to Hermes mostly, but now have been craving something Chanel again. I've looked at the Boy bag since it came out and just wasn't convinced. BTW, I'm 59 years old, and my style is classic but with a modern twist. Quality is very important to me. I also live in a mid-western city where low-key is better (one reason I don't wear my birkins here) and have to be mindful of how my image comes across to professional business people who aren't very fashion conscious. Right now my favorite and most used bag is a black Dior mini-Bar.

So... I found the tri-leather chevron black Boy bag with the matte gold hardware and instantly was taken. It's beautiful. However, I'm too tall to wear it cross body and I'm not sure how often I'd wear it. As much as I admire this bag, not sure it is "me."
Still have it but could return.

Consequently, I bought a classic quilted lambskin boy bag with gold hardware sight unseen and returned because it was defective and also didn't "wow" me like the tri-leather. Not sure I'd try another.

Next I had read about the new filigree and love cross body bags--- was able to obtain a black flap one, also sight unseen. It arrived today. The function and style look great and really suit me---classic and understated---BUT the caviar leather on it doesn't thrill me at all---it's NOTHING like that of the old days.

I need to return one or both---thoughts? I know they are completely different bags. But any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

i have this same le boy bag and like u, the moment i saw it was just wow. and had to have it.. it's a plus that the strap is also not all chain (chains can dig in ur shoulders, get hot) but if it's "not you", no point in forcing the issue :biggrin: ..the filigree has bigger cc logo, doesn't it? maybe wait or figure out what type of bag will do it for you.. maybe it's H lindy :giggles:

I like them both. If you are looking for understated, no logo etc...the Boy is the better choice. I think even the fashion deficient would recognize that CC logo. I would like to point out that you should not purchase your bags, clothes, shoes based on how others will interpret you. Be yourself and wear what you like...I have never understood this inclination.