multi and water color speedy with strap

miniblue

O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
I have a black multi speedy and a water color speedy 35 which have been residing in my closet for about 5 years. What do you think of the idea of using it with a strap ?Would it be worth it? I haven't seen any pics of multi and water color being used with a strap so still contemplating...
Need your advice or pictures please. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a black multi speedy and a water color speedy 35 which have been residing in my closet for about 5 years. What do you think of the idea of using it with a strap ?Would it be worth it? I haven't seen any pics of multi and water color being used with a strap so still contemplating...
Need your advice or pictures please. Thanks!

I wouldn't use a strap with the MC speedy. It's already a heavy bag with the hardware and I'd be afraid using the strap would ruin the bag or handles....

I wouldn't use a strap with the MC speedy. It's already a heavy bag with the hardware and I'd be afraid using the strap would ruin the bag or handles....

I agree. If you look at the photos you can see on the handles they look like they are being pulled up and theres probably nothing in there...

I borrowed a Roxbury strap once to use with my watercolor Speedy 30. It worked okay but I prefer my Speedy handheld.

Attachments

• 2751559102_ec2fc4721b_o.jpg
    2751559102_ec2fc4721b_o.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 466
I have the same bags - I don't think it's a good idea to use a strap since the handles aren't meant for it. I haven't carried my MC bags in a while but I try to break out my WC when the weather is nice. (It's rained EVERY single day- downpours and thunder storms for the past month!)

Thank you so so much for your opinions and specially the pics. Still can't decide though.. :smile:

I use a strap with my regular speedy (not a speedy b) and it maybe pulls a little, but not terribly, so I think the WC would be okay.

I agree with others that I would not use a strap with a MC speedy. The bag is so heavy that you'd risk ripping the bag I think.

It will scratch the hardware and wrinkle the leather around the square metal.
I think you could do it if you're planning on keeping both in your collection. It's easy to tell when a speedy was used with a strap, and I'd think it could hurt the resale value a little. Also possibly damaging your gorgeous bags.