multi and water color speedy with strap

miniblue

Jan 24, 2007
I have a black multi speedy and a water color speedy 35 which have been residing in my closet for about 5 years. What do you think of the idea of using it with a strap ?Would it be worth it? I haven't seen any pics of multi and water color being used with a strap so still contemplating...
Need your advice or pictures please. Thanks!

Last edited:
TheNordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Accessopens to Nordies Insider cardmembers today.
Please support the community andclick here prior to checking out!Don't forget to share your haul in the officialNSALE 2020 thread!

LVlvoe_bug

Jul 14, 2012
Midwest
I have a black multi speedy and a water color speedy 35 which have been residing in my closet for about 5 years. What do you think of the idea of using it with a strap ?Would it be worth it? I haven't seen any pics of multi and water color being used with a strap so still contemplating...
Need your advice or pictures please. Thanks!
I wouldn't use a strap with the MC speedy. It's already a heavy bag with the hardware and I'd be afraid using the strap would ruin the bag or handles....

katiel00

May 29, 2014
California
I wouldn't use a strap with the MC speedy. It's already a heavy bag with the hardware and I'd be afraid using the strap would ruin the bag or handles....
I agree. If you look at the photos you can see on the handles they look like they are being pulled up and theres probably nothing in there...

MissChris

Apr 2, 2013
I would have no problem using a strap on either bag every once in a while when my arm gets tired from holding it, but probably not on a regular basis.

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have the same bags - I don't think it's a good idea to use a strap since the handles aren't meant for it. I haven't carried my MC bags in a while but I try to break out my WC when the weather is nice. (It's rained EVERY single day- downpours and thunder storms for the past month!)

miniblue

Jan 24, 2007
Thank you so so much for your opinions and specially the pics. Still can't decide though.. :smile:

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Michigan
www.nikitajade.etsy.com
Thank you so so much for your opinions and specially the pics. Still can't decide though.. :smile:
I use a strap with my regular speedy (not a speedy b) and it maybe pulls a little, but not terribly, so I think the WC would be okay.

I agree with others that I would not use a strap with a MC speedy. The bag is so heavy that you'd risk ripping the bag I think.

lvoe nyc

Mar 25, 2013
It will scratch the hardware and wrinkle the leather around the square metal.
I think you could do it if you're planning on keeping both in your collection. It's easy to tell when a speedy was used with a strap, and I'd think it could hurt the resale value a little. Also possibly damaging your gorgeous bags.