Mulberry Gal: Who's the type?

I love them because they are typically British, they are tough, generally plain yet beautiful at the same time and scream quality. I've always felt as though they are a 'grown ups' handbag as opposed to the little girly frilly over the top types. :cutesy:

Plus as our weather so awful, from day to day the chunky leather goes so well with robust clothing, I also like the way only other Mulberry fans generally recognise what you have unlike a lot of other designer bags where everyone knows immediately :graucho:

I agree with this totally :tup:

Im in my mid 20's, I wouldnt say I have a 'style' as such (I dont mean that in a good way either!:yes:) Im not into high fashion really, I prefer a casual look, which means Im usually in jeans. I am currently a university student so my wardrobe is mainly very casual. I love bold prints and colours (:heart::heart:Orla Kiely) and I rarely wear black. I like chunky jewellery too (especially rings). Shopping wise, most of my clothes are quite simple, and from high street stores or off of the net.

I dont have many designer bags, only Mulberry really, the rest are Orla Kiely, Tabitha/Orca, Ollie and Nic or from high street stores like accessorize and gap. Mainly due to lack of finances really... I'd have loads of designer bags if I could (especially mulberry :yahoo:) although with me due to start a job in the health service, I cant see my financial situation improving that drastically in the future so I'll have to keep saving :tdown:

Blimey, there's clearly an identifiable Mulberry 'tribe' then! It's nice to know why other people like Mulberry. I'm very much on my own as none of my friends buy designer bags.

None of mine do either, and they cant understand it. But I kind of like it, that when I take my black araline out they dont even notice :tup:

I'm an English barefoot hippy chick, in my 30's.....and I luuuuuuuurve Mulberrys :yahoo:.....I have built up a collection of vintage Mulberrys, congo, scotchgrain etc.....of the newest range I have a chocolate brown satchel, I'm still hankering after a Bayswater though, drool :drool:

I'm early thirties and drive a Black Mini Cooper S with silver stripes. I adore Mulberry and have just bought a gorgeous Bayswater in oak. I also have a Blenheim in vanilla (a real shame that they stopped making this cute bag). I guess I love the quality and small logos. Sometimes I think Mulberry bags really suit Chloes embroidered and feminine clothes (not that I can afford them).

I love Mulberry bags and have had an apple green tooled Bayswater, Roxy and a pink Bayswater and sadly sold them all. I am now buying a new one, in oak, either a Roxy or a Bayswater, not sure yet, when I had a bayswater I was desperate for a Roxy but I think the Bayswater is probably more classic. I am 24, a teacher and dress in a very feminine way. I wear mostly skirts with cardigans and cool jewellery and ballet pumps (sounds frumpy but it's not) I love anything pretty and my kitchen is pink with lots of Cath Kidston. My mum also loves Mulberry bags, she thinks they are far more (I hate using this word but 'classy') than other brands. I think there is a certain person that buys a Mulberry bag, you don't tend to see Footballers wives types with them and they are not as easily regognisable as other designer bags. I think there is definitely a certain person that buys one.

I remember when I had my green roxy I was at Tours airport on France and saw a girl wearing black trousers, a vicroriana style blouse, pumps and a denim jacket, wearing a J12 watch and carrying an oak bayswater and I just thought she looked so lovely and from then on I wanted a Bayswater again.

Just wondering should I get a Bayswater or Roxy?

This was a great idea for a post!

I am a 27 year old Dublin girl who has a love for many things designer but not with the matching bank balance! I am very much a high street shopper and don't really covet Designer clothes but I love bags and shoes. My style is very much jeans and heels and I will pay for nice jeans, current favourites are Citizens of Humanity, Joes Jeans and Seven for all Mankind. If I go to America I stock up! Shoes, I dream about Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin! Otherwsie I am Oasis, Top Shop etc.

I adore Mulberry because of the classic style and the amazing leather. I worked in a Designer Dept Store in Dublin in the accessories dept and I would just stand before the Mulberry section longingly looking at the bags and "re-arranging" them!!! I currently have a Blenheim and an Emmy and want a Bayswater. I love quirky colours but am restraining myself to the classic black! White bags are a weakness though especially in a beautiful leather. Like alot of the other girls I also love Balenciaga and would also love a Black or Pewter MJ Stam!

I love this thread !!! Mulberry girls rule !!! Ok it sounds like most of us have Minis, wear ballet flats and like classic femine styles. I liked Rosierosannas discription of the lady she saw at the airport. Oh I cant wait for the rain to stop so I can start using my new oak Bayswater.

Gals, I live in the jungle. We have a rainy season. Should that stop me from buying a Oak Darwin Bayswater? I love the color and the sportiness of the color. Please advise you expert Mulberry gals!

Gals, I live in the jungle. We have a rainy season. Should that stop me from buying a Oak Darwin Bayswater? I love the color and the sportiness of the color. Please advise you expert Mulberry gals!

If you get one you'll need to spray it regularly with the collonil spray to stop the watermarks but from what other TPfers have said and from my own experience with my oak Annie the collonil really does seem to work!