Mulberry CHAT thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh Poldark - YESSS!!! Robin thingumy as Ross - very distinguished! Have got an old video kicking around somewhere, Mum recorded it when it was on TV (80's re-run probably!):P

I think Sunday opening is more political - there are different restrictions applying to different types of shop, hence why your corner shop is open longer than supermarkets.

...and if any of you ladies want to exercise your cleaning demons round at my place you're more than welcome! Just let me know which products you want laying on...:okay:

I'm all talk no action :nuts:

It really sounds perfect Riff for all of you. Those are the things I'd love to do with my girls more often but I'm embarassed to say I always have 101 things to do and I'm ashamed to say that I don't "do" enough with my babes - cue the guilt. Your SIL sounds an amazing woman and I take my hat off to her.

Bluecat I can totally relate!:hugs: Every day I plan stuff for the kids, but somehow I feel its never enough. FWIW you've always come accross to me as being an amazing mum!

Riffraff, I think you are an amazing auntie too btw!!

^^ I used to hear about the Poldarks in school (that, Roots, the Onedin Line and the Brothers:nuts:)
My mother used to pack us off to bed early when they were on -they weren't "suitable". My sister and I used to trot up and down to the living room for drinks of water, hot milk to catch a glimpse of whatever was on:P

Thank you OD. My Bruv and SIL kill themselves laughing when I'm heading towards 40 and I'm turning cartwheels and handstands to keep the SM on track with her pals.

Comes to something when the neigbours kids come knocking for the SM and Aunty RiffRaff to do handstands against the wall.

Hi all! I'm back from holiday and it's back to work tomorrow morning, now it'll be 3-4 weeks of working before I start uni again. Had a lovely time away :smile:

After two attempts to write a proper catch up, I've lost both posts! This is the short version
incredibly cute puppies on here! how's pooky doing?
Elvis, so sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences.
hope all the dds are having/had a lovely time on holiday,
Blue, you'll enjoy Madmen! I am, as SJ, waiting for series 4 to come out!
LLM, hope you have time for a holiday this summer?

Only gotten to July 14th though :P

Good night girls :smile:

ITA.

Got an image of her up the Red Road flats LMM when you said lift and basement!! I know it will be a damn sight posher, but the thought of her toddling off to a minging chute with the rubbish is hilarious.

I saw her remember at the Mulberry do in Glasgow.

Was about to reply to this when they walked in the door :nuts: Cue quick closing of page & shutting down of computer!

I had forgotten that you had seen her before .. though not much of her really! That was the night she was throwing up & I was concerned that her maternity leave may be about to be extended yet again :lol: Thankfully it didnt happen!!

Yeah - tad more posh than the Red Rd flats .. though the lift did smell rank when I was on my way out tonight. Eurgh! They are in a 3 bed split level apt in the west end. Nice & big for normal people .. but not enough room for them at the moment! Still - they may be moving at some point next year - tho to where is anyone's guess. The joy of NHS jobs!

You know - if any of you met her, you would wonder what the hell I was on about. She looks & acts very normal .. quite posh .. but spoiled wee girl ... :yes:

Good grief LMM - rest of the rant deleted.

Big hugs to you hun, can't be easy dealing with people with no self pride or discipline.

You know .. for all my moaning .. I don't dislike them. They are pretty nice in so many ways. They do take the piss though. I should have been more strict from the outset, but I am too nice sometimes :girlsigh:

I so wanted to have a chat with them when they got in tonight, but they were so relaxed & chilled out that I would have felt bad. Also, I was dying to get home .. but I absolutely promise you all that I WILL talk to them just as soon as I can! I can't go on doing what I do!

LMM - I totally agree with everything that's already been said, those bosses of yours totally take the p*ss. They take advantage of your complete professionalism and your obvious affection for the 2 little boys IMO. I hope they're paying you AT LEAST time and a half for working on a Sunday!!! That they docked your pay recently is outrageous. You must be able to pick and choose in your line hon, I know it suits you to be close to your mum etc but honestly! Don't let them walk all over you!:hugs:

Well I'm now chilling with a nice glass of Merlot after a lovely roast lamb dinner, can't believe the weekend's over already.......:girlsigh:

Thanks MF. I know I am a wimp at times, but I feel now is the time to say something, as it is driving me potty. I adore my boys, but they don't want a grouchy unhappy tired nanny!

:lol: @ time & a half on a Sunday .. you're kidding right? :nuts:

Dad is at home tomorrow as his clinics are off for a Glasgow holiday .. you would think they would let me come in late, right?

:nogood:

Just have to get on with it .. & clear up all the crap they left in the kitchen tonight!! (The kids stuff may I add - I put theirs to the side unless the cleaners are coming!!)

Hope you enjoyed your Vino .. Im with you on the what happened to the weekend thing. I wish we could all have 5 day weekends & 2 day working weeks!! For the same pay .. if not more!!

Status
Not open for further replies.