MPA or Speedy B20? Help Me Decide!

I have both, the MPA for over a year now and the speedy 20 bandouliere for only 2 weeks. I haven’t had chance to use the speedy much yet but it’s gorgeous. The MPA is my go to bag for most outings and I love how I can swap and change it up such as using the smaller as a clutch bag. I know not everyone is a fan of the MPA but I would never sell mine. For variety I would say the MPA but for a classic LV then the Speedy.
Attached if a photo of the Speedy on me as a cross body if that helps!

View attachment 5606197
Ok, now that is SUPER cute!!!!! I do have an old school Pochette Accessories that I could always use to go out, as well as the pouch from my bucket GM. I should just get both LOL.

Here is my dilemma: I was LOVING the Loop GM in runway shots. Then saw it live when Marquita LV "magically" got one. Now, I'm not so sure because it seems like 1. It has to be PACKED to give the crescent/slouch effect; 2. I NEVER zip my bags so does that mean stuff is gonna flap out of it? Does that make sense? ; 3. No telling if I'll even be able to pre-order it on Sept 15th anyhow.

Ok, now that is SUPER cute!!!!! I do have an old school Pochette Accessories that I could always use to go out, as well as the pouch from my bucket GM. I should just get both LOL.
If you are able to put yourself on the waitlist for the item before PI, it’s possible that LV will honour the price before PI. I had this experience of them honouring the old price before PI for my waitlist item in their Feb’s PI this year, as they had sent me the email that I’m on a waitlist at this “xx” price and when the bag was finally available after PI, I paid the old price. Both pieces are very functional and beautiful.

Though I said I might not have gotten MPA if I had speedy 20 first, I honestly used MPA more often than speedy 20 as it’s my “bag-in-a-bag” and the less Vachetta makes me feel more at ease. I’m excited to be bag twins with everyone who has them. I love them both!

Reactions: ChampagneandChakras
If you are able to put yourself on the waitlist for the item before PI, it’s possible that LV will honour the price before PI. I had this experience of them honouring the old price before PI for my waitlist item in their Feb’s PI this year, as they had sent me the email that I’m on a waitlist at this “xx” price and when the bag was finally available after PI, I paid the old price. Both pieces are very functional and beautiful.

Though I said I might not have gotten MPA if I had speedy 20 first, I honestly used MPA more often than speedy 20 as it’s my “bag-in-a-bag” and the less Vachetta makes me feel more at ease. I’m excited to be bag twins with everyone who has them. I love them both!
They are both available now, so not sure if she can do that? Although if I keep the Loop GM one of them can't be purchased so I will need to decide on that now.

I have both, the MPA for over a year now and the speedy 20 bandouliere for only 2 weeks. I haven’t had chance to use the speedy much yet but it’s gorgeous. The MPA is my go to bag for most outings and I love how I can swap and change it up such as using the smaller as a clutch bag. I know not everyone is a fan of the MPA but I would never sell mine. For variety I would say the MPA but for a classic LV then the Speedy.
Attached if a photo of the Speedy on me as a cross body if that helps!

View attachment 5606197
That bandou is gorgeous on the bag and protect the vachetta, fab idea !!!

I had the MPA but returned it as the canvas was splitting / tearing where the rings attached to the strap after wearing around 10 times! Love to speedy 20, it's a great cross body that fits so much more than the mpa!

If I had the speedy 20 first, I probably would not have gotten the MPA. Speedy 20 doesn’t stick out much as it’s smaller (if you are worried about the way the 25 sticks out). MPA will distort its shape if you stuff too much in it (the second pochette literally sticks out if you fill up both pochettes, not so flushed look). Another condition for MPA is the items inside can only store relatively “flat” items as compared to speedy 20, you can store any shape. Also speedy 20 is more reasonably priced when you compare to MPA (in Singapore speedy 20 is $2790 and MPA is $3550!!). That’s more than $700 difference. I find speedy 20 a more comfortable fit for my essentials with some room to spare while for the MPA it’s all filled up, no room to spare. But I love that MPA has a slim profile sometimes and can fit into a bigger bag easier so that I can have a “bag-in-a-bag”. Speedy 20 would take up a lot of space in another bag.

Shortcomings for speedy 20 for many people is it’s strap. Many ppl find it too short, but there’s an adjustable strap version (black only) and I happen to be a shorty so the strap fits me fine. Even if you have to resort to buy an additional strap for speedy 20, it’s not gonna cost $700 right?
Next up is the amount of Vachetta - speedy 20 has more of it than MPA. Don’t know if it’s deal breaker for you. I’m assuming you are referring to get the mono versions for both. Empreinte version would be additional $$$ again. Then in some discussions, many people had misaligned handles, flaws here and there more often for speedy 20 than the MPA. Don’t seem to have much issues for MPA except for the price.

Also I read somewhere in the forum that they heard MPA will be discontinued soon. I’m just helping to consolidated the common discussion points people have about these two.

I hope you manage to get either one (or both if you wish) before the PI.
I was actually thinking of doing this. Neverfull gm as my mommy bag 10 month old and storing mpa Inside when we are just running into a store somewhere. Do you find this convenient?

I was actually thinking of doing this. Neverfull gm as my mommy bag 10 month old and storing mpa Inside when we are just running into a store somewhere. Do you find this convenient?
For me, it’s a yes. Having a small grab-and-go bag in a larger bag. My reason is, sometimes I travel by myself, I would need a little more stuff, like an umbrella, my work pass, some supplies. So I need a bigger bag. Sometimes my husband is able to pick me or ferry me around with his car (yes, his car because I don’t drive, my work place is convenient for me to commute several ways). Then when we go to the mall or lunch, no reason for me to carry along umbrella and work stuff, I could just leave them in his car. So, a smaller bag made sense, instead of lugging everything all around my shoulders. If your lifestyle is similar, where you need a big bag for supplies, just-in-case, but shoulders ache when you carry heavy stuff for long. I think it’s a good idea to nest the bags!

Especially having a baby bag that’s an open top, a small grab and go bag offers a bit more security (important stuff can be kept close to you). I personally gets paranoid if my personal items are left in the open while I attend to the baby. I support bag-in-a-bag!! :biggrin:

Having the same dilemma! Speedy B20 vs MPA.

I’ve got the small cabas that I use for day to day - love that it’s super low key. I’m looking for a slightly smaller / crossbody bag to haul around daily on errands, etc.

Tried the speedy B20 yesterday and it’s super cute. I love that it’s a classic, but with the fun large strap (and I can always find a vachetta one some day as trends change), but it did feel a bit bulky for a small bag (both the strap heft and that it sticks out a bit) - so I think I’m leaning MPA.

Question to you all - is it too ‘trendy’ / now on its way ‘out’? Are you stilll using it much these days?

With the price increase, it’s a bit of an investment now, but I love love the versatility, so very tempted.

I have both bags and carry both A LOT. I bought the speedy 20 when it first Came out without the adjustable strap… Which is too short for me.

I use the MPA strap for the speedy 20 and it works for me.

I enjoy the versatility of both bags. Depending on how I feel, what I’m wearing, and what I’m carrying will dictate which I wear.

I don’t care if they’re in or out of style. To me, it isn’t what you wear but how you wear it. If you love it, rock it!

Having the same dilemma! Speedy B20 vs MPA.

I’ve got the small cabas that I use for day to day - love that it’s super low key. I’m looking for a slightly smaller / crossbody bag to haul around daily on errands, etc.

Tried the speedy B20 yesterday and it’s super cute. I love that it’s a classic, but with the fun large strap (and I can always find a vachetta one some day as trends change), but it did feel a bit bulky for a small bag (both the strap heft and that it sticks out a bit) - so I think I’m leaning MPA.

Question to you all - is it too ‘trendy’ / now on its way ‘out’? Are you stilll using it much these days?

With the price increase, it’s a bit of an investment now, but I love love the versatility, so very tempted.
I LOVE my speedy b20 and wore it yesterday! I don't know or mind if it's outdated speedys and neverfulls are the only LV bags I use.

• Love
Reactions: alohaina