MPA or Speedy B20? Help Me Decide!

Jul 31, 2019
I had the “Scam bag” and sold it. I di Now 3 years later, thinking about it again. :annoyed: . This is why I’ve decided I’m not selling anything again! Im usually a big bag/wallet girl, but lately, for going out I like smaller bags. Also like the speedy B 20. I know my zippy coin , phone and sunnies will fit in either but not sure which to get.

Speedy is timeless and MPA is edgier, IMO. I wouldnt wear Speedy B cross body because I think it sticks out too much.

Help me decide!

If I had the speedy 20 first, I probably would not have gotten the MPA. Speedy 20 doesn’t stick out much as it’s smaller (if you are worried about the way the 25 sticks out). MPA will distort its shape if you stuff too much in it (the second pochette literally sticks out if you fill up both pochettes, not so flushed look). Another condition for MPA is the items inside can only store relatively “flat” items as compared to speedy 20, you can store any shape. Also speedy 20 is more reasonably priced when you compare to MPA (in Singapore speedy 20 is $2790 and MPA is $3550!!). That’s more than $700 difference. I find speedy 20 a more comfortable fit for my essentials with some room to spare while for the MPA it’s all filled up, no room to spare. But I love that MPA has a slim profile sometimes and can fit into a bigger bag easier so that I can have a “bag-in-a-bag”. Speedy 20 would take up a lot of space in another bag.

Shortcomings for speedy 20 for many people is it’s strap. Many ppl find it too short, but there’s an adjustable strap version (black only) and I happen to be a shorty so the strap fits me fine. Even if you have to resort to buy an additional strap for speedy 20, it’s not gonna cost $700 right?
Next up is the amount of Vachetta - speedy 20 has more of it than MPA. Don’t know if it’s deal breaker for you. I’m assuming you are referring to get the mono versions for both. Empreinte version would be additional $$$ again. Then in some discussions, many people had misaligned handles, flaws here and there more often for speedy 20 than the MPA. Don’t seem to have much issues for MPA except for the price.

Also I read somewhere in the forum that they heard MPA will be discontinued soon. I’m just helping to consolidated the common discussion points people have about these two.

I hope you manage to get either one (or both if you wish) before the PI.

If I had the speedy 20 first, I probably would not have gotten the MPA. Speedy 20 doesn’t stick out much as it’s smaller (if you are worried about the way the 25 sticks out). MPA will distort its shape if you stuff too much in it (the second pochette literally sticks out if you fill up both pochettes, not so flushed look). Another condition for MPA is the items inside can only store relatively “flat” items as compared to speedy 20, you can store any shape. Also speedy 20 is more reasonably priced when you compare to MPA (in Singapore speedy 20 is $2790 and MPA is $3550!!). That’s more than $700 difference. I find speedy 20 a more comfortable fit for my essentials with some room to spare while for the MPA it’s all filled up, no room to spare. But I love that MPA has a slim profile sometimes and can fit into a bigger bag easier so that I can have a “bag-in-a-bag”. Speedy 20 would take up a lot of space in another bag.

Shortcomings for speedy 20 for many people is it’s strap. Many ppl find it too short, but there’s an adjustable strap version (black only) and I happen to be a shorty so the strap fits me fine. Even if you have to resort to buy an additional strap for speedy 20, it’s not gonna cost $700 right?
Next up is the amount of Vachetta - speedy 20 has more of it than MPA. Don’t know if it’s deal breaker for you. I’m assuming you are referring to get the mono versions for both. Empreinte version would be additional $$$ again. Then in some discussions, many people had misaligned handles, flaws here and there more often for speedy 20 than the MPA. Don’t seem to have much issues for MPA except for the price.

Also I read somewhere in the forum that they heard MPA will be discontinued soon. I’m just helping to consolidated the common discussion points people have about these two.

I hope you manage to get either one (or both if you wish) before the PI.
Thank you so much for this insightful post. Vachetta isn’t a deal breaker per se, but I did have that on the con list. I was basically going to put my phone, a lipstick, my sunnies and zippy coin in the bag. Ill have my mind made up by the weekend.

I got the MPA in black empriente and it's beautiful and so versatile. I currently have the smaller pochette in my Alma PM (my work bag) so I can grab easily pull it out if I need to run errands. I always bring my MPA on vacations because of it's amazing versatility. But both are good choices! I am also thinking of getting the speedy 20 in monogram.

Reactions: ChampagneandChakras
I love both of these bags. If I had to choose one it would be the MPA. It's so versatile and you can wear it so many different ways. It's an easy grab and go bag to run errands. I also love that I can hook my Christmas Animations MP up to it.

I got the MPA 2 years ago and the speedy 20 recently. I do feel the MPA is more comfortable because it lays flatter against your body. The speedy 20 doesn't stick out that much but is it more than the MPA. Speedy 20 is more versatile in what items it can fit since it has a more rectangular shape. I do find the included strap for the speedy 20 really bulky though. I got a vachetta strap for mine and I think it looks and feels a lot better.

I can't say which I prefer more because I haven't used the speedy enough. I haven't had any regrets about my MPA though. I think the only con for it is that you need relatively flat items to fit stuff in there. It's not really an issue for me but I know that may bother some.

I have both, the MPA for over a year now and the speedy 20 bandouliere for only 2 weeks. I haven’t had chance to use the speedy much yet but it’s gorgeous. The MPA is my go to bag for most outings and I love how I can swap and change it up such as using the smaller as a clutch bag. I know not everyone is a fan of the MPA but I would never sell mine. For variety I would say the MPA but for a classic LV then the Speedy.
Attached if a photo of the Speedy on me as a cross body if that helps!

B565E514-A9B0-4362-97D2-A05B04776E2A.jpeg