Most underrated bags you love?

I have some Lambertson Truex bags and they were made in Italy. They are understated and made with great quality IMO.

I agree, Lambertson Truex has fabulous bags. They are truly designed with use in mind. The quality is better than some high end designers. I have 2 and they are workhorse bags!!

Although I don't own any but I've always thought the Banana Republic bags are made of great quality leather, stylish yet timeless, and if you get them on sale that's even better!

i have a small montauk tote bag from jcrew that i got on sale for $15. it's cream-colored canvas with blue straps and a bright yellow interior. it's SO easy to find stuff in it, it holds everything you need easily, it has a great, structured bottom, and even though it's light colored, for some reason, it WILL NOT stain. i carry it to work because i know i can stuff it in a locker and not worry about whether or not someone will spill something in the locker above it, shove something in there with it, etc. it's also just the right size to throw a notebook in and carry to class on a light day.

i probably use it more than any of my $1000+ bags, lol.

I agree with a few posters about Kate Spade - I know that she has been trendy for a while, and people don't really consider her line "designer", but I find that some of the pieces are very unique with a great retro feel to them. I love purchasing the more interesting bags every season and love the summer straw/wicker lines.

Another brand, more expensive, that I think is underrated is Tod's. I know that a few people on the forum LOVE them, but not much discussion in general. Great quality bags, and classic styling.

I agree wholeheartedly. I love so many different styles of Tods. Why is there no subforum dedicated to them...?

longchamp. Beautiful and fabulous leather.

Also, the balanciaga aviator that has been so mercilessly mocked on this forum. Everyone who sees mine in person thinks it's such a cool, edgy bag. Plus it is extremely practical.

Finally, Gerard Darel. I love my Charlotte 24. It looks amazing and hangs so elegantly on my arm. I feel like an ooh la la lady carrying this bag, even in a big down coat! :smile:

I agree about Longchamp- classic bags and incredibly light leather.

I agree as well. They are coming out with a smaller speedy style in fabric this spring, and the SA said that once they have that pattern, they will probably do leather as well.

Very nice bags, and great sales, too!