Most Underrated Bag

Without a doubt, the plume. Light as a feather, casual and effortless, easy zipper closure, fits a lot, good for commuting and travel, completely understated and for some people, can be carried on the via hand or shoulder!!! I just sold a plume as I'm curating the collection (still have another one) and it's one of my favorites.

The halzan comes in at #2.

I find the lindy underrated. It’s a very Hermès take on a modern and practical style. It transitions well from casual, travel, and edgy chic. I know it doesn’t have much history yet to be a quota bag but I have a feeling it will one day. And the practicality my gosh! It’s one of the most comfortable bags to wear.

I feel the cabalicol in wool also deserves more credit. It’s a good on the go, fill to the brim, never full bag.

Toolbox! I’ve been using mine during this pandemic period, it’s incredibly roomy and the straps are wide enough that I don’t feel the weight as much on my shoulders.
I’ve been carrying much more stuff than I usually do, eg hand sanitzer, wet wipes etc. The shape and slouchiness of the bag is cute too.

What would you say is an underrated Hermes bag and why do you love it?
I would like to own something that is well made but doesn't scream "designer" like LV canvas or a Chanel flap, while also trying to see if I like Hermes as a brand. Of course, I would love to own a Birkin or Kelly someday, but as we all know, it's not that easy.

Reactions: minnnea
I would like to own something that is well made but doesn't scream "designer" like LV canvas or a Chanel flap, while also trying to see if I like Hermes as a brand. Of course, I would love to own a Birkin or Kelly someday, but as we all know, it's not that easy.

I'm a bit confused. How can you try a bag to see if you like the brand? Surely, you buy a bag for that bag.

and there's no "of course" about it, lots of Hermes lovers prefer not to have Bs and Ks - or Cs.

Maybe you just really want a B or K. If so, no bag is going to satisfy you. Go for the bag you really want, everything else could ba a waste of time and money.

I think it's important to look for a bag that fits your need. Like do you want a tote? or a shoulder bag? a cross body? I found most Hermes bags are well made and, except for the ever recognizable B/K/C do not scream "Look at me I'm Hermes". Maybe think about your lifestyle first and then look at the bags that Hermes offers.

With that said, with a tote, lots of people like Garden party but I find it too rigid and somehow awkward to wear on shoulder and too large on the wrist. I prefer the Picotin for an easy in and out kind of bag (although it's technically a bucket bag). I would go for the Bolide if you want a long shoulder strap and still be able to fit some electronic for work. My favorite for errands now is the Mini Roulis since I don't carry a lot, like the long strap and the shape and it's much easier to get in and out than the Constance which has similar shape and purpose. Some like Evelyn for errand/cross body bag but I find it ugly :sad:.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags

Well you cant really judge an entire brand based on one bag, some bags will work for you while others wont. You can however study the quality of the bag to get an idea. Like I didnt realize how impeccable Hermes quality was until I got my Garden Party. I have to say my Hermes bags are the best quality bags I have in my opinion.

Its actually is easy to buy a Birkin or Kelly as long as you can afford it and as long as you do not mind pre-loved. I almost bought a Kelly from a reputable reseller,came very close but decided at end of day it wasnt right for me so I got the more casual sister of the Kelly which is the Herbag and I love it, fits my life more. However if you really want a B or a K like another member said spend your money on a bag you actually want instead of settling.

Anyways I am still somewhat new to Hermes but the Garden Party is a lovely bag and I would recommend it. Its nice and sturdy, a great size and discrete but like I said I do not recommend settling.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags