most durable leather choice for birkin

radhika, the answers to all your questions, leathers, styles etc are here in this sub-forum. If you use the "search" function you should be able to find everything you need.

Enjoy the process.

I got caught in a downpour with my 35 rouge H in veau grain lisse. It got so wet that the surface blistered - and I mean really ugly bubbles! I was distraught, as you can imagine. Fortunately, after drying out completely, there wasn't a single mark left and Rouge remains unblemished! I think VGL is really hardy and great for a bag you'll use often and bash around. It certainly doesn't stain/ mark as easily as my togo, which I feel I have to "baby" more. I know H has stopped producing VGL bags but I would think that a similar sort of embossed leather like epsom would be the way to go.

I have Togo and it wears pretty well. It can take a little rain here & there.. but I wouldn't test getting it soaked. And while it is scratch resistant, you still have to be careful of sharp objects (like cat claws) :sad:... My Gold Birkin was scratched, but I'm happy to say that it was repaired, so well that you can't even detect where it was...so Togo gets my vote for a sturdy dependable leather.

I was always lead to believe that Togo would be okay in lightish rain. I mean just a little splash here and there. However, discussions with an SA in Harrods changed my attitudes a little - she basically said all H leathers aren't great in the rain and will mark (yes I know! weird!) that's why each bag comes with a rain coat.

My black togo 30 has been heavily utilised worn rain showers - Eurostar journeys & public transport (eww!) and apart from the predictable hardware scratches - be prepared for these from the day you remove those clear stickies! - is holding up well. The corners are sound - though possibly this is the advantage of being a 30 cm over a 35 cm

Togo and Clemence are typically sold as the more everyday leathers??