Most common bags in your location?

I work in one of the suburbs outside of Atlanta in Corporate. I don't usually pay attention to what someone is carrying unless I am on the elevator with them. When I do notice, it has been Kate Spade or Tory Burch. I have spotted only 3 LVs since I have been here. I never pay much attention outside of work, I keep,it moving.

Reactions: Cogmarks
It'd be nice to know what area people are in when they respond, to see how tastes differ across the country.

I live in the same city as the thread starter, and I would say I see Kors, Coach, Kate Spade and Louis Vuitton the most. Sadly, I suspect some of the LVs are fakes, but maybe that's poor judgment on my part, it's hard to tell from afar. I'd say the contemporary designers are mostly what I see.

I've never seen Hermes, even in the wealthiest areas at the events where you'd think to see them. But it's not unknown as I've seen the scarves. Maybe a lifestyle thing? I've seen Chanel, real LV, Celine..

Sacramento has a Nordstrom with a Balenciaga boutique but I never see them either! I think I should be the first one to carry it. Lol.

There are a few consignment stores where you can find YSL and Chanel, but they don't authenticate. I once bought a fake pair of Chanel shoes. (They did take them back).

Women here mostly have to go to San Francisco to go to high end shops.

Last edited:
Reactions: lotusflowerbaum
I live in a very rural area in southern Ohio. The area is a poorer area. The closest mall is 2 hours away and the only place to shop here is Wal-Mart. The main moneymaker here is healthcare in which I work and am fortunate to do so. There is a high rate of unemployment here.

That being said those who carry contemporary designers are considered to have a lot of money. I see Michael Kors, Coach, Kate Spade. I have seen a few fake LVs. I am the only one I know or have seen to carry Chanel or Hermes, although I saw someone carry a fake Hermes yesterday.

I have received many compliments on my bags but also many disparaging remarks. You are sort of looked down on here for carrying very expensive bags, which makes me sad. I have quite a few contemporary designers and will carry then when I feel like "hiding". My own family is upset that I would spend so much on handbags. It is difficult and I often hide my purchases (all made online).

I see MK MK MK MK... total saturation of MK on everyone of all ages. LV is a close second on working women. Coach very often on both the very young and the very old, and Chanel bags rarely (and always spotted on older ladies). I work in a large metro downtown and see both tourists and office women.

MK and Kate Spade everywhere as well as the occasional authentic LV - can't comment on the rampant fakes though, regardless of brand, since that seems to be par for the course in any city

Reactions: Mie930
I have received many compliments on my bags but also many disparaging remarks. You are sort of looked down on here for carrying very expensive bags, which makes me sad. I have quite a few contemporary designers and will carry then when I feel like "hiding". My own family is upset that I would spend so much on handbags. It is difficult and I often hide my purchases (all made online).[/QUOTE]

Your having nice things isn't taking a penny out of somebody else's pocket! Too bad you are getting that reaction-it's really just jealousy I think.

I love a short drive from Pittsburgh, PA and I mostly see LV ( authentic), some Coach and MK. I've also seen BV, Stella McCartney and Chloe at the grocery store. At business evening events I have seen classic Chanel flaps. At formal events I've seen Judith Lieber clutches, Valentino too. All in all, I'd say there's a pretty good. Is of designer and contemporary bags. I have carried a Chanel Cerf tote, GST, many LV canvas as well as LV leather bags, Chloe Marcie and my medium Lady Dior. I've never spotted another LD, so mine is the only one.

I live in Lexington KY. I see mostly mid-range bags (MK, Coach, KS, Longchamp). When I do see high end, it is usually LV or Gucci. I have seen a couple Celine bags. I recently saw someone carrying a Chloe Mini Marcie Saddlebag. The first time I have seen Chloe around here outside my own bags. I have also seen Alexander Wang bags a time or two.

The women in my area carry Michael Kors, Kate Spade, and a few Coaches. Louis Vuitton and Chanel are very popular at the Pure Barre studio where I work out most mornings. Some of the LV's are fake (the fakescareccarried mostly by women in their 20's), All of the Chanel bags I have seen are real, and as the poster up thread stated, they are older; 50's and 60's.

After years of nylon Longchamp Le Pliages, it now seems MK is the brand to go for. I see alot of them everywhere. For other, high end designers I can't really say much; where I live, you don't see them very often. I think I'm one of the few who carries designer almost every day. DKNY is one of the few brands that has lifted its head recently.
Back in Helsinki it was very easy to spot a whole heap of LV, LC, Gucci, Prada, Mulberry, even Chanel. Turku seems to be right on their track - I went there a while back and within 20 minutes of mall browsing I saw at least 3 Neverfulls, a couple of other smaller LV's, a Mahina XXL, a RM MAC, a Disco and IDK how many Longchamp Roseaus...