Moroccan Baths

^ They have separate ones for men and women usually. Then it's a combination of soaking in the bath, sauna/steam, exfoliating scrub and massage. An attendant does the work. You don't just go and give yourself a bath lol :P

Yep! and you can go as a couple as well, I have never went as one, but my parents have. There are also different hours for men and women (or as a couple) to respect each gender's privacy I guess! :P

oh claire, speaking of giving yourself a bath, there are "spas" in Korea - more like giant (GIANT!!!) saunas :lol: where you essentially give yourself a bath after going in the saunas and other facilities. Usually in the center of the building it is the "cool off zone", where you go after steaming or relaxing in the adjoining sauna rooms of different temperatures. There is also a gym, snack bar, massage booths, plasma TVs, etc., and lots of hot tubs to soak in... basically it is great for relaxing and losing weight, be it by exercising or steaming it all off! The only con about it is the public - and when I say public I mean no booths or stalls - showers. (But there's separate showers for men and women...lol!) I have yet to get used to bathing in front of strangers! :upsidedown: The best thing? The admission's around $10 for a great place! :tup:

... sorry to hijack! I just find these places really cool and would love one here!

^ Whenever I used to go to the YMCA where my parents live there was always a ton of old naked Korean ladies doing exercises in the sauna and steam room. I figured it was a just a cultural thing, but it still made me a little uncomfortable. It all makes more sense now with what you said about the spas in Korea!... It actually seems like fun if I could get past the nakedness!!

sorryf or the late reply, i forgot to subscribe to the thread so didnt realise ppl had commented.. i went and had another one yesterday,

essentailly what it is is that the moroccan bath ( or hammam or turkish i belive its all the smae)

is that you lie on a slab of marble and your topless ( well i am some ppl go naked) and they shower you down, andthen they apply this soap all over your body ( bear in mind your in a private room with just you and the female attendent and its a steam room) anyway she leaves you for about 5 mins then she washes off the soap, then she gets your kasa glove ( like a very very rough exfoliating glove- your own personal one) and scrubs you in a circular motion all over you body its pretty intense as its rough and it hurts a bit as they are doing it but it removes aLL the dead skin, i mean you actually see your skin come off ( if that makes sense) then she washes ur hair and puts a treatment in it and then after that you get up and wash ur body in the private shower.. then go back and she iethe puts pure aloe vera oil all over the body or a mud mask that makes ur skin soft.. you sit for another 10mins.. then you get up wash out your hair body etc and your all done, so its a hair treatment and body in one.. its amazing my skin feel SO soft afterwards

We have Turkish bath houses in Chicago, and one of my friends invited me to go... I've been kind of hesitant, though... Especially since I saw the movie "Eastern Promises" where Vigo Mortenson gets jumped by two thugs in the Turkish bath house... He did look pretty good naked, though...La La, anyhow... :back2topic:

Yes, I have heard about this. The lady I spoke to said it was rough and kinda hurt but the next day she literally could not believe her skin. She said she hadn't seen her skin look like that in 20 years! She had hers done in Morocco though. I wonder can I find a good quality one in GA?