Morkies!

My neighbor has a Miniture Cockpincher :roflmfao: .Someones
Mini Pincher got frisky with a Cocker Spaniel by accident and the puppies came out with the body structure & size of the Mini Pin and the wavy coat of the Cocker that's the cutest little dog.

The Morkie you pictured is a little doll.

hi, i don't know if you have purchased a morkie or not~ but I just wanted to share some info with you~
I am a proud mommy of a female morkie and my friend is a proud mommy of a male morkie^.^ our puppies both look very different, hers is more common where the puppy resembles a yorkie more, while mine, she looks like a maltese with golden retriever colors.

as for their temperments, it depends on the puppy itself. most of the time, males are more active than females and do bark more often, while females are more calm in nature. they don't require a lot of exercise but do require companionship of about 2 hours a day at least....size wise...my breeder told me that my girl (Lune) will grow to be between 5-8lbs. and she is exactly 8lbs. to date (she is 10 months old and won't grow any more^.^). while my friends little boy (Momo), their breeder told them that he will frow out to be less than 5lbs. but right now he is already 7lbs. at 6 months (which equals possiblity of growing bigger >.<).

if you have mroe questions, feel free to email me^.^ i will be glad to answer all questions^.^

you can also see pictures and Lune's growth on my website at http:// www.xanga.com/purplebubble1219

even if the parents are registered, the puppies would not be registerable, they would be mutts.

i HIGHLY disagree with the purposely mixing of 2-3 dog breeds (aka designer dogs).:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

why do you want a &quot;morkie&quot;? why not just get a yorkie or maltese? why not just get a tiny mixed breed from a shelter or rescue? you'll pay much less. most likely, if you buy a &quot;morkie&quot; it won't be well bred. the people who breed these mixes are most likely just looking to make $$$. the reason good breeders breed is to improve the breed. most don't make any money (some lose money) between vet bills, time, food, health testing, shots, etc.

since, pretty much all of those designer mutts are badly bred and come from puppy mills, they'll be prone to health problems, so look forward to lots of vet bills.

no matter how cute those puppies look, you could find an equally or cuter puppy by looking at shelters. there are lots of chi-a-poos, morkies, labradoodles, poochons, puggles, etc in shelters that need homes or else they'll be killed, why not help them??

if you do decide on a purebred yorkie or maltese, i would be more than happy to help you find a great breeder.

I agree with everything you said. I am sooooo against these mutations that have become trendy. They breed the dogs down because everyone wants a pocket puppy. There is no such thing as a teacup puppy of any breed. I had to talk my MIL out of getting a dog like this. These dogs have a lot of health problems. Please reconsider a pure breed.

Cuteeee:yahoo:
I have a yorkie-poo (1/2 yorkie, 1/2 poodle). The breeder told me they're very "tough" dogs and don't realize they're that small. It's the truth! She loves to play and is full of energy. I have two other dogs and she was by far the easiest to housetrain. She's a great puppy and such a love :heart:

http://lovemymorkie.com/morkie_004.htm

Here this tells you about the breed.

It's not easy to find a mix breed breeder lots of AKC people that do breed the "Designer Dogs" do it secretly.

Hope this helps.

They are very cute, some of them but you're paying PURE Bred prices for a mutt basically.

I love Yorkies, but I need something more sturdy and a lap dog. (I have the most gentle 2 year old daughter but the stairs in my house are ferocious). I don't want those squished face dogs and I hate poodles so the Morkie seems to be a good "Breed" if you will for what I need for my family. So I too may pay a ridiculous price to get one. Most likely I won't be able to break down and pay for a mutt though. I will probably go pure bred Maltese. Just seems people say oh cute and it either looks like a Yorkie or a Maltese so why not just get a Yorkie or a Maltese??? At least you know what the temperament will be. You don't always get the same thing. The pup could get the bad traits from each of the breeds you don't know.
Good luck.
Once your heart is set it's set though so whatever you get it'll be loved.

as everyone said be careful of "breeders" that promise small dogs i got my yorkie mooey in my av and he had alot of health issues he pulled through and is the sweetest and best friend ive ever had...my father says he is the best family member we have:shame:, lol. but there was a time there i wasnt sure if he was going to make it. Also my ex hairdresser got a morkie from a breeder and it was very ILL be careful and do your research. good luck :smile:

My brother's dog is a Morkie, or at least she is supposed to be. According to the people she came from she is 1/4 Yorkie, 3/4 Maltese, or maybe the other way around. She weighs about 13 pounds, so I'm thinking the Yorkie part might be Silkie Terrier instead. Who knows. She's freakin' adorable and sweet as can be so that's all that matters! I'll attach pics of her. Her name is Zoe and she loves to show off her bellly.

Attachments

• zoeside.jpg
    zoeside.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,153
  • zoe2.jpg
    zoe2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2,914
  • zoebelly.jpg
    zoebelly.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,468
AWWWWW Zophie she is adorable!!! Mine likes to show the belly too. When I come home I go "GIve me that belly!" and he quickly rolls over, lol I love her haircut

even if the parents are registered, the puppies would not be registerable, they would be mutts.

i HIGHLY disagree with the purposely mixing of 2-3 dog breeds (aka designer dogs).:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

why do you want a "morkie"? why not just get a yorkie or maltese? why not just get a tiny mixed breed from a shelter or rescue? you'll pay much less. most likely, if you buy a "morkie" it won't be well bred. the people who breed these mixes are most likely just looking to make $$$. the reason good breeders breed is to improve the breed. most don't make any money (some lose money) between vet bills, time, food, health testing, shots, etc.

since, pretty much all of those designer mutts are badly bred and come from puppy mills, they'll be prone to health problems, so look forward to lots of vet bills.

no matter how cute those puppies look, you could find an equally or cuter puppy by looking at shelters. there are lots of chi-a-poos, morkies, labradoodles, poochons, puggles, etc in shelters that need homes or else they'll be killed, why not help them??

if you do decide on a purebred yorkie or maltese, i would be more than happy to help you find a great breeder.

You are so right on!

^^^

We got the Morkie because my dad knew someone who knew the breeder, and they have been breeding them for a while. However, like I said, Zoe might have something more mixed in with the Yorkie/Maltese because she's HUGE for those breeds, twice the size of my Maltese, who is 7 pounds, which is a little towards the large size for Malts. And she was the runt of the litter!

"Teacup" is not a officially recognized size of dog. There is no way to breed to ensure you'll get this size dog. And my breeders will tell you they will stay under 5 lbs, but there is no way to guarantee that. My boss fell for that promise hook line and sinker and now has a 13 lbs yorkie who was supposedly a teacup.

Also, as the owner of an extremely small yorkipoo (under 4 lbs at 6 months and rate of growth rapidly slowing)...remember they are VERY delicate when that small. I was actually hoping for something in the 10-15 lb range, but believe when you meet the right dog they speak to you, and my baby spoke to me. I was hoping she'd get to at least 5 lbs, but its not looking like she will. I have to watch her constantly as she thinks she's a much bigger dog than she is and is constantly trying to climb up things and jump off things.

If you are interested in a yorkie or a yorkie mix of some kind, I second the recommendation to check out yorkietalk.com to educate yourself before jumping into anything.

It is true you have to watch the small ones more. My Maltese is 7 lbs and she cannot jump on or off the sofa or bed. Well, she CAN, but she is not supposed to, and that is the problem. You have to keep them from trying or they can hurt themselves. She has a disk problem in her back and it can be aggravated by jumping on and off of furniture. I'm also thinking it's possible that the whole reason she has a back problem is maybe when she fell out of a bed when she was young, but I'll never know.