Money back at last from ebay rogue?

So sorry to hear about this hassle, lizziecat. Good for you for standing up for yourself, being persistent, and going after this fraudulent seller. I hope everything goes your way tomorrow, and that it's much easier than you're anticipating. We'll all be cheering you on!

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this...the horror stories about ebay scammers just keep increasing. I think you're doing the right thing for yourself and if this is what you need to do to move on, then I think it's worth your effort. Good luck & I hope that everything works in your favor!

lizziecat, Thank you so much for your perseverance, bravery and your strong stand on principles - not only are you doing this for yourself, but for us too! I wish you every success in winning this case. Good luck and smooth journey in every which way.

I'm also sending yoyu good luck, and please - let's hope this is a lesson to all those out there who are STILL paying without Paypal or their credit cards.

It is people like you, that stand up for your rights, that will put a stop to dishonest, horrendous people.

People who just give up and back down because it is the easy way out annoy me!

Best wishes! Like everone else, I am sending good vibes your way.

Update us as soon as you can

Dear PF members
Thank you so much for your wonderful best wishes and your kind words. It is so appreciated. Here's what happened:

Me and the DH got up early (05.00) for the 2.5 hours drive to London. Timing was perfect and the journey was hassle-free. Arrived at the court with plenty of time to spare. But also plenty of time for me to get extremely anxious about meeting the seller. But this anxiety was unnecessary, since the seller did not show!!

The judge conducted a full hearing (shorter though, since the defendant wasn't there) so that she could read through my prepared evidence and could ask me any questions. She was a delightful lady and she made me feel very comfortable. Everything went in my favour. I was awarded full costs of the bag (£460), but was also given generous travel costs, costs for the stress and anxiety caused and costs for having to take time off work. In all - a total of £670. Not bad, eh? Just enough for another bag!!

The seller will now be given 15 days to pay me this money. If she refuses to pay, I will ask the court bailiffs to go and seize goods on my behalf. She will not be given another hearing unless she can produce very sound evidence to counter my claim. Highly unlikely. I have also been advised by the police that my civil action should result in her paying me in full, since she lives at a permanent address and with 2 small children to look after, it is hardly unlikely that she'd move to avoid paying.

So will she pay me by 15th October? I'll let you all know. In the meantime, my thanks again for the tremendous support and encouragement. My DH is truly impressed by PF power!!