Mommy's Birthday Present.

That piece is just gorgeous, Eric! What an excellent son you are! Even if she doesn't like it (unlikely!) she will be very touched by your thoughtfulness and generosity. :heart:

attachment.php

What a totally fabulous and gorgeous bag. It's a WOW for sure. I'm almost 60 and I would love that bag. But my only concern is that you are describing her as a die-hard neutral-color person. I just wonder if someone like that would want orange or if they would prefer gold or a true neutral such as black or a shade of brown. I think what I often do is I buy gifts that I would want or that I want the other person to want, but it's hard to convince them to keep it, sometimes.

For example, my sister could not care less about H scarves but I keep trying. She is a major "book person" and has a large library of books. Sooo, I saw the gorgeous pochette posted here that I believe S'mom posted and it is a design with books on it. Sooo, I thought maybe this is one H scarf that my sister would want, maybe for Christmas. The other night I sent her a picture of the scarf and asked if maybe she would want it, even just to frame. Here's the answer I got. "I'm not really in to scarves. Thanks." :nogood:

So, don't be upset if your mom can't get in to the orange color. Of course, she may surprise us all and totally love it; I know that I sure would. I am sitting here totally drooling over it!!:drool:

It's beautiful. What a lovely gift to get for your Mom. I am sure she will love it. Let her know that if she doesn't love it, it can be returned.

Thank you all so very, very much. All of you have no idea how relieved I am. I've saved a bit here and there since October last year!! The Better Half did not pay for this one. I daren't ask. To be truthful, a lot of my H-stuff has come to me in the form of gifts. So no, I cannot proudly say that I 'earned' all my goodies. And in a way, this is my very own first major H purchase.....which also tells you why I am terrified if she is anything but happy with it - but yes, I will definitely take the advice of telling her that it can be turned in to 'double-present'(Store credit).

Many thanks yet again. Not only am I a bit more relieved; am a bit more confident about it now.

PS: If some of you girls knew what sort of trouble I got myself into as a kid(near-expulsion from boarding school, running away from home in Kuala Lumpur at the age of 16......to LONDON threatening never to come home etc etc ad infinitum), I doubt you'd wanna adopt me, LOL. And I doubt a Kelly Longue(retourne, pochette or otherwise) would nearly be enough to placate you for all the grey hairs I'd have caused.

love it, love it, love it! and FYI, according to eugene delacroix, "[e]veryone knows that yellow, orange, and red suggest ideas of joy and plenty" -- which i think is a lovely association to go along with mom's gift

Eric,
If she regularly raids your Hermes items, I think this is a perfect choice. It is a gorgeous piece and the color is easier to wear than it first appears. Even with your wildness - you are still adoptable material. Anyone that loves beautiful things can be redeemed! Enjoy your Mama's birthday Sweetie, as giving beautiful things gives such a beautiful feeling.