Mommies out there--opinion please =)

mscupcake, I wish I have a generous friend like you :smile: My toddler has an anklet and bracelet but she rarely wears either. I think the money is better spent buying a plastic dinnerware set (check Kaloo ones, they're divine) or a Hermes blanket. I don't know how old your friend's little boy is but when they can walk, they're really active and a bracelet can be a dangerous thing when it's caught on something.

^Thank you birkingal, I will have to think that over. My friend had her heart set on a baby bracelet, but I did not consider how active that little baby is! Yes, I would be worried he might get caught on something :s

^Thank you birkingal, I will have to think that over. My friend had her heart set on a baby bracelet, but I did not consider how active that little baby is! Yes, I would be worried he might get caught on something :s

mscupcake, when I was born, a relative presented me with a baby bracelet. Last year, my mother passed it down to my little girl. I managed to get her to wear it for one day but she was pulling, climbing, running and falling over so much that she nearly ripped the bracelet off her wrist. She has been known to scratch herself. I suppose it depends on the child too - whether he's active or placid.

BTW, Hermes baby blankets are divine! They can be used every night for many years to come. ;)

I agree with Birkingal I still have the cutlery that each of my children was given at their birth and they still use for special family dinners. I also have mine and my siblings theirs.

Mind you I have my baby jewellery too but my brothers never had that.

We didn't have Hermes baby blankets as I embroidered flannel blankets for the children's beds but they're a lovely gift.

But don't be put off if a bracelet is what you really, really want to buy for your friend's baby - just don't be disappointed if she doesn't get as much use from it as you (and she) think she will.

Whatever you buy I am sure she will treasure and hand on to her little guy :flowers:

The other option could be to buy the little charm and have the new mother attach it to her diaper bag....

birkingal and Handybags - I decided to go with the sterling silver fork and spoon, as well as a little plush horse. He's a very active baby, and I was very worried after reading your posts that he would somehow get caught/tangled in something--I would feel absolutely terrible if this happened!

mscupcake, wanna adopt another friend?? J/K! I think you've made a wonderful choice. The cutlery set is so useful and can be passed from one generation to the next. And the plush toy is just too adorable for words. BTW, I love your avatar. Stunning Kelly!