Mojave Scarf

I think I might send an email suggesting that they offer customers the option of returning the scarf for a refund or the option of keeping it and getting $25 store credit/gift certificate.

Even though I bought it as a "final sale" item, I think that because HH sent me something grossly different from what they described, a credit card company would allow a chargeback; similarly, Paypal would probably find against them in a "significantly not as described" dispute.

It would be expensive to process (and pay for return shipping) for all the returns. The "keep and get credit" option would save them money, probably make them money (customers might use the GC toward the purchase of something they wouldn't have bought otherwise), and it would certainly engender goodwill.

It would also give us the opportunity to get creative with all that chevron fabric without feeling bitter, used, and deceived.

Chez - Oh I see now. I find this all so bizarre since from what I heard, HH scarves are usually nice. It's too bad this happened, sorry to all the ladies who ordered it. Hopefully HH will make it right.

They said that they changed manufacturers because they were having problems with the old one, but I didn't notice any problems until *after* they switched. :confused1:

I know right?! Anyway I was one of the people who got pulled the trigger on the Mojave Scarf by the cleverly maneuvered photos and the great price, but I'm very disappointed that HH misrepresented their product and coincidentally marked it down so much that it's nonrefundable... most likely as a CYA.

I think I'm going to send an e-mail to Support about this too as soon as I get the scarf. I was hoping that I could cancel it since they pushed back my shipment date so many times, but alas it shipped last Friday and should be here on this Monday or Tuesday.

Hey gang.....
I've been thinking about how best to approach HH re: this "scarf" and in my HH heart, truly believe that TONI has yet to see this "thing". Didn't they just get the shipment???

We have come to realize that Toni's responsibilities are design - and Ben is responsible for operations..... They both don't know 100% of what is going on at all times.

There is NO WAY that she would think this scarf is representative of her aesthetic and would carry the HH label.

So, with this is mind....I am going to send my scarf to her with a note.

She NEEDS to see one IRL!!!!!

PS - my take is that the manufacturer goofed and used the material for the handbag instead of using the dress fabric.

I agree Bri...the quality isn't there anymore, whether it's the shine cuffs, the peelies, and now the scarves.

Blammie...I'll try to post a picture here tomorrow. The scarf is ridiculous on someone my size...it's comical.

Maybe we could direct someone at CS to a picture thread. Is that allowed?

^^I'm pretty sure that someone at HH reads our board. I think they are well aware of all the issues and it seems that in some instances they are doing better. In the case of the scarf, not so much.

I think I've seen the tpf mods mentions that they don't want people to refer to tpf in theer disputes with retailers.

I really think that they should refund people since the dimensions are so off and apparently one sided or not the fabric is totally inappropriate for something you wear around your neck.

6 x60 is why I didn't get it. I would have if I knew it was really 12 x 80 ( that's with fringe, right?) New linen IS stiff and scratchy. Once washed, it's heavenly. Softer with each washing. That scarf was one of the only pieces I liked, so sorry I missed it.

It should shrink in length when washed in hot or warm, too !

Not only am I going to call, but I am also going to use my school-teacher voice. This just isn't right and it's ongoing problem.

LOL... you mean, a la my mother-in-law! Gah, I felt so manipulated by that voice in the beginning. 5 years later, I'm okay with it... I think she's broken me. But I do love her!
:P

Hearing about this issue makes me really sad... my thoughts are with all of you who bought the scarf, and I genuinely hope HH makes amends. I love chez's suggestion of 'keep it and get credit' - makes sense to me! Let's see if HH agrees.

6 x60 is why I didn't get it. I would have if I knew it was really 12 x 80 ( that's with fringe, right?) New linen IS stiff and scratchy. Once washed, it's heavenly. Softer with each washing. That scarf was one of the only pieces I liked, so sorry I missed it.

It should shrink in length when washed in hot or warm, too !

It's back on the HH pages at $110, so maybe they've gotten some returns. I think some of us might be hesitant to start washing and shrinking in case it ruins the fabric or fringe...you can't return or try to sell at that point.

Did you not order the scarf because you thought it was too small at 6 x 60? 12 x 80 is very harge for a fabric that doesn't drape well.