Mojave Scarf

dear dear Stormy
humph....didn't think to take pics of the scarf b4 sending it back to Toni at HH.........
IF and when I hear anything, will update.

I swear....there is no friggin' way Toni would ever wrap that thang around her neck........STIFF STIFF STIFF (insert potty-mouthed cho-mama comment here :P)!

I just got my mojave scarf. I paid 38.00 + ship for it. I won't be returning it. I think I'll get enough wear out of mine. I think that with a couple of washes & wears it'll be fine. It's got a rough texture yes like it's been overly scotch guarded or starched. I am bummed about it only being printed on one side. it does make it hard to wear even when folded in half. I find the length to be great. I've got many scarves that are the same length and width. It's one of the easiest lengths to play around with. You can do so many knots.

If I paid full retail I would be miffed (I'm keeping mine) & deeply discounted at 22.00 I'd keep it.

Mod shots: For reference 5-8" Size US 14

DSC_0452.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0452.jpg
    DSC_0452.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0453.jpg
    DSC_0453.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0454.jpg
    DSC_0454.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_0457.jpg
    DSC_0457.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 166
Wow, that looks great on you, Lu!

However, the close ups of the scarf alone make me sad to see how its stark white looking on one side. Sitting by itself, I would guess it to be table linens. boo!

The scarf looks great on! Good pictures Lu! I guess I didn't realize the other side was such a stark white. That's too bad that both sides weren't printed, but you wear it well Lulu!

AS for remaking it, I'd make it a crossbody messenger by folding the ends up, leaving fringe as flap like @ or an un. Sew the sides up, add nylon zipper on top of pouch maybe. Do this on both ends, saddle bag fashion, and add velcro strips to hold both pouch backs together. Viola ! A Hottie bandolier !

If you still have too much length, take a tuck center front, sew up sides and velcro shut for cell phone or ipod.

Stormy - I wish I was as handy at crafts as you seem to be!

Wow, lu, you are definitely a master scarf wearer to make me want to buy that scarf. If I wasn't ware of all the issues with this, I'd cave.

ITA! You wear this so well! This one (below) is my favorite look...gosh I NEED to learn how to tie scarves more than 1 way! I downloaded that Hermes scarf PDF a while back, I need to go find it!

attachment.php

I have two scarves, so I decided to start washing one. Some shrinkage, lots of color fading. The scarf is much softer now, but it still somewhat coarse. I'll try to post some pictures later.

No answer at CS. No reply to my email.